Tranny Oil

Hernz

I took my tranny to change the rear end gasket and i would like to change the tranny oil. what oil should i use?Its a 5 speed tranny.

well i used mobil senthetic gear oil do not use tranny fluid

Edited by jefflil

I use Castrol Syntec gear oil 75-90W and it works great. I also found a funnel that attaches to the bottle and has a 1/2 inch hose that goes down to the side of the tranny where the oil goes in, I put a longer hose on it and was able to pour the oil in from up top under the hood. O'Reilly's carries the funnels and the fluid.

I use Castrol Syntec gear oil 75-90W and it works great. I also found a funnel that attaches to the bottle and has a 1/2 inch hose that goes down to the side of the tranny where the oil goes in, I put a longer hose on it and was able to pour the oil in from up top under the hood. O'Reilly's carries the funnels and the fluid.

or u can always fill it up by your shifter

spec calls for gl4 lube. gl4 is an older additive package in 80w90. gl5 the newer standard had thing that will wreck your syncros i use gl4 sold by napa or you can use hyundai fluid from there dealer that has the correct additves. the trans in my car the syncro for third went to hell when the po used royal in it.