Carbed Quest

I'm using a Holley Hp series 600cfm double pumper (four barrel) . I opened up the intake under the stock throttlebody by removing all of the water jacket and welding up all of the holes . Made my own adaptor plate . the throttle cable is a shortened shock cable . Since I was planning on a cowl hood scoop I used a 2" spacer under the carb this increases mid and top range power like a mini tunnel ram . The carb came from custom carbs . It in made specially for a blow through system . The fuel system work's just like the injected set up only you have 8lbs at idle and 60lbs at  full throttle . I can run 25lbs boost since I'm not using any of the stock electronic's no sensor's no computer I am running the O2 senser for air/fuel meter . The carb was 680.00 . Here are some pic's of the setup.

you'll have to copy and paste for some reason it won't go directly

http://www.geocities.com/chad86tsi/group01.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/chad86tsi/group02.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/chad86tsi/group03.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/chad86tsi/adaptorplate.jpg

Peace Geo

George

I have a qestion, is the 600  4 bbl.  ok for normal driving or is it mainly for high preformance running?  I plan on using your idea and put a twin turboed 4.3 chev V6 in my Quest.  I am planing to use a water misting system to reduce the need to richen the system to prevent detonation.

Thanks for the info

Mark T

I drive it daily . I have a manual boost controller I just crank it up and hold on lol

K&N makes a twin inlet for carbs made out of aluminum. It's not on there site you have to look in a K&N catalog. Peace Geo

Thanks for the info.  

What did you do as far as the steering /pan interferance?  I decided to instal a Volvo power rack in front of the stock crossmember.  It turned out to be not too hard to convert , although it did take a while to find tie rodends that will fit.  

Have fun

Mark T

• 1 month later...

8lbs at idle and 60 lbs at full throttle... you are talking about fuel pressue right?  I thought that 60lbs is way to much pressure for a carb... or is that because you have a carb that was built to run off of our fuel system?  Also what type of FPR do you have?  What type of guage are you using for O2 readings?  Sounds awesome $680 is a lot cheaper than $1k for fuel management computer and another $700-$1k for fuel injection..    What kind of gas mileage do you get??  What other engine mods do you have?   I am wanting to know what some ETs look like.....   and last question if I sent you a intake how much would you chage to set it up for carb?  And after that could i run it w/o the 2" spacer and run stock hood?

Thanks

Hey Avon, George has ran that Carbed Quest at the TSC meets plenty of times, a great opportunity to get some of those questions answered and see it run up close and personal:) Next meet Aug. 10th by the way.

Yeah i got the email about the meet.  I plan on starting to move my quests from where they are now to my brother in laws place.  He has a little shop and (for the moment) a cherry picker ;)...   so somethings are starting to roll  hopefully.  Hey on that list you sent me it had a part number for a 125psi fuel pump  do i just take that # to auto zone and they can get me that pump??  Isn't that the one that you said actually goes in a volvo or something?  Talk to ya soon

Avon

Is the group going to the creek as well that night? and then going back to that lodge place to sleep and hang out???

Yes just carry the E2315 part # up there and they will order the 125psi fuel pump for you, it's a good pump. Hey I was just in your neck of the woods the other day getting interviewed (White Oak), waiting to hear back from them. As for the meet, yes we are going on a cruise later in the evening and whoever wants to go to the track then have at it, it's not far away. Primarily we will be at the lake though, just chilling. It's just something different then what we've been doing, always nice to get a little variety. Holler at ya later, I hope you get one of them going soon, let me know if I can ever help, once you get an engine stabbed in give me a holler and I'll come up and play with it too!:)