spark plugs.

pwned

i searched the site but didnt find exactly what i was looking for.

can a good spark plug really make much difference in your cars performance/running quality?

Yep. Especially if it's modified. Heres a good place to look: http://home.earthlink.net/~rbrown23/indyswebsites/b000.html

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

i searched the site but didnt find exactly what i was looking for.

can a good spark plug really make much difference in your cars performance/running quality?

both, atm they are old, and want new ones

but not sure if i wanna buy cheap ones or good ones.

i am planning on doing turbo upgrades and slight engine upgrades so id probably be better of getting the expensive branded ones. but not sure it its totaly worth it.

car is running a little bit sluggish atm but i think thats due to my alternater being pretty much craped out coz stupid mechanics not fixing it properly causing it to s*** out again.

lol that site is like reading chinese to me, not really car smart yet.

or smart in general lol! =|

That's where I got my first information about different spark plugs for these cars, 6 years ago. It is a good place to start for a newer member seeking basic information.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

That's where I got my first information about different spark plugs for these cars, 6 years ago. It is a good place to start for a newer member seeking basic information.

CALIBER 308

yeah those top ten things are wicked!! thanks alot mate! going to do all of those see if my run runs better. i think my car is running too rich tho. it pops alot when i take my foot off accelrater and im in high revs, im not sure if thats coz its not MPI its still carb fed.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah those top ten things are wicked!! thanks alot mate! going to do all of those see if my run runs better. i think my car is running too rich tho. it pops alot when i take my foot off accelrater and im in high revs, im not sure if thats coz its not MPI its still carb fed.

Popping in the exhaust system is caused by having one or more exhaust system joints loose. Check your exhaust system joints from the turbo back to the muffler joint.

The below is some more info on spark plugs and a lot else.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66449

For what it's Worth.

KEN

A throttle cable that's too tight (not enough slack), a mid-adjusted "fixed SAS" screw, or a mis-adjusted ISC/MPS/TPS combo (the electronic bits on the back and front of the throttle body) can lead to popping in the exhaust. Basically, any of these keep the "nose switch" from closing... the "nose switch" tells the ECU when the throttle plates are at the idle position. If the throttle is at idle (i.e. almost fully closed) and the RPMs are above 2000 or so, the ECU knows the engine doesn't need any fuel and it thus cuts off the injectors. If the nose switch never says "throttle plates are at idle" because of any of the items listed in the first sentence, the ECU continues to add fuel and it'll just pop in the exhaust.

The FAQ has detailed procedures for adjusting the ISC, MPS, and TPS in the "idle adjustment procedure" posts. There is a procedure for early model year cars and one for 87-later cars.

Also go to the FAQ and look up the procedure for checking ECU error codes - all you need is a voltmeter or a 12volt LED. If there are any error codes, fix that problem first and then see what other issues exist. If you're car is missing the "ignition pulse" signal (the same signal that feeds the tachometer) the ECU can't "see" the engine RPMs and thus can't fine-tune idle RPMs nor go to fuel cut when you decelerate.

mike c.