President Elect on 60 Minutes

Dcrasta

I saw it. I am SO glad we're going to have someone who is intellectually curious and engaged. This is a different kind of "smart" from what we've gotten used to. Almost a decade of someone who is totally ideological and inflexible? It's hard for me to believe sometimes. :sweatingitout:

I feel that he answered all questions very well. When he was answering questions with his wife next to him, it also gave us more of an insight into his home life.

It's really good to know that even without teleprompters he is still very eloquent.

Anyone watch it? I thought it was a pretty good chance to see him without a teleprompter . Seems very focused. In case you missed it and want to watch, _-Here-_

Well, did he really not have a teleprompter? Whenever he spoke he kept looking to his lower left every 3-5 seconds consistently like he was reading something. Crazy idea? Maybe not considering he doesn't look any other direction. I work in a corporate environment and have spoken with many and don't consider that normal body language. That's my 2 cents.

Well, did he really not have a teleprompter? Whenever he spoke he kept looking to his lower left every 3-5 seconds consistently like he was reading something. Crazy idea? Maybe not considering he doesn't look any other direction. I work in a corporate environment and have spoken with many and don't consider that normal body language. That's my 2 cents.

I noticed that, but I certainly don't think it was a teleprompter. I forget the interviewers name, but Obama put him on the spot with a comment where the interviewer looked kind of uncomfortable (something about the dog and the mother-in-law). It didn't feel like that would have been a teleprompter comment, the same with quite a few others. Seems to me I've heard something that when you look left you are thinking and there is something about lying I think even tied in with looking to the left, but don't quote me on any of that.....

I did enjoy the interview overall, and my comfort level is much higher than it was with the current Pres. He even used a crazy idea of being honest with the general public (I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one).

dc

Look at you guys digging for nothing...so he looks away when thinking. You have to remember that everything he says will be picked over with a fine tooth comb. He is now briefed on top secret information and one little slip and something may come out that shouldn't have. I think some of his answers were bullsugar especially with the auto bailout. I don't think we should be bailing them out at all.

In the end, dude is a politician and will be forever known as one. They lie to get in to office and they lie to stay in office. Only real difference is the amount of lies...lets see how much he lied.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at you guys digging for nothing...so he looks away when thinking. You have to remember that everything he says will be picked over with a fine tooth comb. He is now briefed on top secret information and one little slip and something may come out that shouldn't have. I think some of his answers were bullsugar especially with the auto bailout. I don't think we should be bailing them out at all.

In the end, dude is a politician and will be forever known as one. They lie to get in to office and they lie to stay in office. Only real difference is the amount of lies...lets see how much he lied.

This is over a week old but I didn't get back to it till just now. Just because some normal discussion occurs doesn't mean there is no teleprompter. No one is suggesting they read the entire interview from script word for word. And Lusion, he's a politician, digging for nothing? Are you crazy?

Again, I have interviewed many many many people for employment (yes this is valid considering Obama is running for a position in office) and never have I ever experienced a person looking to the same spot every time. Their eyes wonder, I know mine do when thinking. But NEVER to the same exact spot. The ONLY spot feasible for a prompter to set no less. Furthermore look how fluid his responses were. You think he speaks that well? Interviewers are so well put together because they recite their responses. Even the best and most qualified speakers have some sort of brain storming throughout their conversations. And you're damn right you dissect him with a fine tooth comb, especially when he's preaching about change, only while hiding his truth with his well thought out scripts just like the next candidate. If you want a sample of Obama without a teleprompter, just look at any of his videos out there of his teleprompter breaking, THAT is what he sounds like without a script, unlike on 60 minutes.

Anyway just had to give my 2 cents worth on that.