WIN TECH II  any one running one ???

any one running a WIN TECH II   ???

i want to get the new intake from CHAD   and the Win Tech II but cant decide between that and the SDS,  money is not a problem. and i all ready have a lap top

about the win tech II

i just need to know how hard it is to set up?

would it be good for the daily driver type car?

i cant imagine it not be .

how hard to program?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for tyhe info    ;D

I am using an Electromotive Tec-II.  I have had it for a couples years now, but my car hasn't exactly been used a daily driver.  My experience has been that with a good intake (injector placement is critical) and wiring job, you will be very satisfied.  Its pretty easy to get the car running decently, since there are just two basic numbers that control low load, and max load pusle width.  From there you just have to fine tune the volumetric efficiency.  As for the ignition timing curve, I haven't had the nerve to tune it the official way, which requires that you advance the timing to just before it starts to ping.  Otherwise, my biggest complaint is the inconsistency.  Sometimes it will run great, then suddenly something will change.  I have also had a couple sensor failures, including a magnetic pickup that left me stranded many miles from home.  If I had it to do over I might go with a Haltech or a Motec.  I haven't had any other experience with programmable EFI's, so I don't know which is the best.  I understand that some of the high-end systems are much more expensive, but when it comes to reliability and consistency, the better quality will make it well worth it.  Hope that helps,

Mario.

Im running the Tech II with the new win tech software.  I can't speak for ease of installation, I had EIP tuning do that when they rebuilt my motor.  I'm very satisfied with the drive-a-bility of the car.  I can drive it on the street easily.  I have also had a problem with the crank sensor but thats not the units fault.  The new win tech is more of a windows aplication rather than the old DOS program and this makes it more user friendly.   I have yet to tweak it myself simply because I haven't had any track time so I don't really have a base line figure.  The tech II does offer complete engine program abiltiy where other only offer fuel or timming etc. I have heared from others that haltech is more user friendly but I haven't had any experience with that.

How about posting some baseline timing? I'm tryig to get a baseline timing curve for my SDS system. The car is running I just want to see if my timing is even close.

Thanks, Ed

Here's what I am starting the timing curves around....

10 BTDC

30-34 degrees advance in by 3,000 RPMS

going about 1 degree of retard per PSI of boost.

How close are your curves on the SDS Ed?

Mike K

Mike, heres what I'm currently running. 13 @ 1000rpm(idle),16, 19, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 at 3000 and 32 from 3100 all the way to redline(8500). My retard starts at 11 psi. I degree per lb. of boost.

Thanks, Ed

PS. Do you still hear from Greg? I know he sold his car. I was just wondering if he saved or has accessto

any of his values.