Any reviews on Mookeeh's $1500 coilovers??

Im about to buy a set within a month or so. I contacted 101 on ebay and he said there may be some clearance issues with wider front tires. Ill be running a pretty fat set up all around and if it doesnt work for me Ill probably sell them on here

Im about to buy a set within a month or so. I contacted 101 on ebay and he said there may be some clearance issues with wider front tires. Ill be running a pretty fat set up all around and if it doesnt work for me Ill probably sell them on here

How big are you thinking? It seems like there would be more room than stock since ther is no perch to get in the way and the spring diameter is less than stock. Let me know how they work out for you.

How big are you thinking? It seems like there would be more room than stock since ther is no perch to get in the way and the spring diameter is less than stock. Let me know how they work out for you.

101 said he had clearance issues with the stock rims with 225 tires, but 205s cleared fine. Im planning to run and 18x9 front with 225/35 tires up front with a major slam in ride height

I have started a review on my experiences with the coil overs and I will continue to edit it as I have time. Here is the link.

http://slide-rite.net/coilovers.html

Let me know if you find the information valuable. I still need to add a lot more information as well as proof read the article.

I will be changing the springs over to a progressive rate 11" spring made by QA1 in preperation for a road rally on dirt roads. I will get my car up on jackstands and take a bunch of pictures of the car and the "upgrade".

I have started a review on my experiences with the coil overs and I will continue to edit it as I have time. Here is the link.

http://slide-rite.net/coilovers.html

Let me know if you find the information valuable. I still need to add a lot more information as well as proof read the article.

I will be changing the springs over to a progressive rate 11" spring made by QA1 in preperation for a road rally on dirt roads. I will get my car up on jackstands and take a bunch of pictures of the car and the "upgrade".

Very well written and informative review. Not to prod you but what wheel/tire and offset are you running with them. Also, I'm sure you had your reasons but you should be running SM not SM2. Very similar classes except the fact SM is for factory 4 seat cars and SM2 is for factory built 2 seater cars. The competition is much stiffer in SM2 due to the nature of 2 seat only cars, i.e. corvettes and FD RX7's.

Thanks for the info Casey!

Damon

BTW- Sweet rear subframe pic!

Edited by michael knight

I am running NON-SHP rear wheels up front with stock sized toyo proxies (Not a good tire). In the rear I am running a NON-SHP rear wheel with falken 360 treadwear tires (Not too good). In the rear I have a 5/8" lug-centric spacer.

This makes the front tires stick out slightly, but no rubbing at my ride height. I have not rolled my fenders at all.

I am not too happy with the performance of this setup on the street. The high offset really makes the front end "dodgy" when there are ruts in the road. I am seriously screwing up the performance, but I am getting some cool looks.

It feels like the rear end feels awkward because of the spacers, it could be me though.

I am going to run a different set of springs. The real beauty of the coil over kit is the ability to custom order spring rates. I will lift the car to an appropriate height for a 50% dirt road rally. Remove the RCA's, remove the rear wheel spacer, and run stock non shp wheels all around. I want to try and make my car fast on any road.

Plus, if I want to go back to the 8kg/mm and 6kg/mm springs changing them realistically only takes about 2 hrs from pulling into the garage to driving away. But I guess I do have access to a lift... :)

Michael- Thanks for the help on class designation. I dont race with the NER (New England Region) SCCA, I race with a more easy going club called NHSCC. They have a more relaxed class setup consisting of stock, sticky stock, modified, and race. I would like to try SCCA next season, but I need a set of Aziens first!

Edited by Casey_L

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd run illuminas in the stock housings. I have 17x10's with 275's in the front and they fit pretty snug with coilovers w/ cut perch's and rolled fenders. and its not so much the width that hurts.. its the height of the wheel tire combo.

The rears, 295's fit comfortabley. 305's fit well with some fender rolling. 315's are about the limit in the back.

If you do get mookeehs coilovers, all you need to run is the 275/16 A6s and you won't have any problem fitting those.

My ideal setup would be Illumina's in stock housings, Camber plates, Any coilover kit with this array of eibach springs http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00523...133732100015207?

Edited by Sully

• 3 weeks later...