mpi quest Vs VW R32

j5

Got a co worker with his dad's R32 real nice.

Said it was fast. He see's me getting into red one evening and asks how many HP doe's red have.

I always reply 188hp(stock hp) though its been punched out .040 over and a couple of goddies added.

I forget to tell him about.

You wanna go for a run? He ask.

We drove over whats left of the volcano into thirteen turns. He was in fronton the way down and couldn't shake me. Though his exit speed was a bit faster than mine but I closed the gap on the short streights when

they showed up. This kid lives on this side of the island so he runs this everyday to work.

Up hill I knew my advantage was on the long streights, I'll admit I am pretty crappy on mountain roads maybe I'm too careful but I floored it on the streight section going uphill hitting 120 before getting

on the binders for the right hand turn. I had to do this to put as much gap as possible between him and me. The tyres were cold, and are rated at 320A dry weather. Wet mossy conditions here due to

190 inches of rain a year here on this mountain. The rear drive set up on my car is the disadvantage. But the torque I have and the larger 8 & 9 foot print I could use excellaration and decleration before the turn.

His head lights were so far behind me it looked like one light. I drove as fast as could through the sections and finaly waited about 2 minutes untill he arrived on the other side. I told him the last guy I left behind here never showed up after this happen he was too disgusted by beeing beaten by a $600 car. I told him his car can beat mine if he wasn't scared of going fast as the car could go before the turn. there was no way

to do that first turn above 55mph not even schumacher could do 55 on that turn.

Its an off chamber turn with a steep crown. Thats why I put the gap on you knowing full well the streights and first turn is where my advantage is.

I told him to take racing lessons first and lets race on open track day instead of this road. This kid is 16 years old. With his dads car.

• 2 weeks later...
i cant stand vw drivers cuz they hate the quest for no reason at all. and i met a few that will say this to me flat out.

They hate you because you are fast and they know it. My friend and sometimes mechanic owns a shop in Md (EuroSpeed Imports) and they specialize in Porsche (he races a 944 Turbo) and VW's and he has said these cars are some of the ones he keeps an eye on at the track because they can be very very fast if setup correctly (in the corners and straights)... I made sure to mention that the Japanese copied the 944 turbo when they made the Quest :)

Yeah those v-dubs can be quick i raced one and the guy was with his girlfriend, lol, he had EIP tuning stickers all over it. It sounded mean too. But like ElkidminoLTU said not quick enough we raced from about 55 to about 125 or so and he was about 5 cars back. very fun my car pulls like crazy in the big end.

Kyle

• 1 year later...

Yeah those v-dubs can be quick i raced one and the guy was with his girlfriend, lol, he had EIP tuning stickers all over it. It sounded mean too. But like ElkidminoLTU said not quick enough we raced from about 55 to about 125 or so and he was about 5 cars back. very fun my car pulls like crazy in the big end.

Kyle

i drive a vw and love starquests.

and eip made a 600-something hp r32 back in the day. they specialize in turbos. all the vw people know eip is junk tho

there was a website, eipsucks.com, but it got taken down.

I daily drive my fiancees mk4 gti 1.8t and that thing pull decent for stock form. But i wish we had a r32 model I'd pick awd over fwd.

I do remember racing a yellow r32(i believe it was on) we were on the freeway dropped to 3rd and gave it the go. I pulled on him in 3rd and 4th, but when we hit higher rpm in 5th he started to creep past me. It was cool though gave the thumbs up and went our ways