RX8

psu_Crash

Good drivers are limited by the car.

Also think about the situation you'll find yourself in against whatever car.

What percentage of people actually race on a track(not 1/4mi)? 2-3% or so?

Street light digs and freeway rolls is where you'll be finding the races.

You are probably right. not a large percentage race on the track (especially road courses.) . But in my area when I do go to the race track (Summit Point) I see so may fast cars and enthusiast that I get swept up in the 'No street racing' talk. I have seen some Rx8-s that totally shred, but Im biased towards rotarys. I dont think you can ever underestimate any car tho . I remember back in my early car days (late 80s, Im old) here in DC we had a place called 'V Street' . YOu would see tubbed out grocery getting wagons. One of the fastest guys there was a Fiat convertable (Spyder) with a Turbo Rotary (13B) . He destroyed my current car (A Vega Wagon with a Buick V6) at the time and he got me started. TBH that car was such a sleeper, quiet, docile at idle, no big huge exhaust or scoop, just a (brapp...brapp..brapp.) idle of an extended port rotary. But I agree with you on the 'common situations'. Usually the dumb guy with the high torque automatic will win that matchup. (V8)