87 Starion Resto

zedd

Starquest newb - just bought an 87 Starion.

I need a couple of things to perfect it:

Front Air dam

Exhaust manifold

(to start with.. will add more req later)

Thanks!

I'm in Central FL, 34420: business address.

Dad HERE has sbout the best deal going on new, stress relieved manifolds. I think there are a few new airdams available that you might be able to get for about $400.

JR

for the airdam, search Ebay for the seller 101PURPOSE

He's got Carbon fiber, and Fiberglass versions of the stock 88-89 1-piece airdams

To tag along this topic, are carbon fiber airdams more resiliant than the stock airdams we have. It just seems inevitable that they are going to get destroyed if you use your quest as a daily driver.

seems that carbon fiber would inherently be considerably more brittle / fragile than that new FRP stuff - or even the OEM style stuff. Not sure - since I have zero air dam at all... lol. I was hoping to have an sq'er chime in and say "hey I have an extra one..etc.etc.. " hint hint

I've seen the ones on eBay, but 400 bucks for an airdam? C'mon. For a couple more bucks, I bet there's a roller out there with a salvagable air dam.

seems that carbon fiber would inherently be considerably more brittle / fragile than that new FRP stuff - or even the OEM style stuff. Not sure - since I have zero air dam at all... lol. I was hoping to have an sq'er chime in and say "hey I have an extra one..etc.etc.. " hint hint

I've seen the ones on eBay, but 400 bucks for an airdam? C'mon. For a couple more bucks, I bet there's a roller out there with a salvagable air dam.

Most of the Quests out there have a damaged airdam unless it is a garage queen or it has been replaced. The NOS airdams can be had for about $400 while the limited supply lasts. The price is high due to the injection molded urethane process and the limited supply. The only bad thing I could say about the propose101 FG airdams is they are extremely rigid. They seem to have a nice fittiment and reasonable price, you just have to be more careful than with a OEM urethane.

There is also a nice write-up by Burton HERE on how to repair a broken airdam. I have seen his work in person and it would be difficult to tell it was ever repaired from the front.

JR