Pulse Generator for ABS?

89PalermoSHP

Im looking for the pulse generator I believe. Its a thing plugged into the driver side of the auto tranny and has a connector that heads toward the engine bay.

No clue if its the same for the manual tranny??

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/89PalermoSHP/pulse.jpg

thanks

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

Manuals have it. I don't suspect it would be different. It also sends a signal to the cruise control. I accidently left mine unplugged. Cruise didn't work but no abs light came on. I would think if it wasn't hooked up or broken the abs light would warn someting is wrong.

Off topic, kinda, but I guess that's why my cruise control no longer works.

I had read somewhere that if you are eliminating the ABS you no longer need that, so that's what I did, and now no cruise control.

So if you want to keep cruise control don't remove the pulse generator.

-GCNTSi.

I just looked up the part numbers and they seem to be different between the automatic and 5 speed trannies. I do know the gear inside the trans are different for the speedO output. But it may be worth a try to see if they are interchangeable.

PS: I was thinking this could also be the cause of my wipers intermittent speed setting problem. The wipers stop every half cycle, and I don't think my ETACS is fried because the alarm still works fine.

-GCNTSi.

Edited by GCNTSi

PS: I was thinking this could also be the cause of my wipers intermittent speed setting problem. The wipers stop every half cycle, and I don't think my ETACS is fried because the alarm still works fine.-GCNTSi.

I had the same problem on my 86. I never found the cause of it.

• 2 weeks later...