83 hood scoop and inserts

Ono

I saw a post from MikeMeyerhoff for 230.00 shipped so that's what I'll ask for mine. I was going to make another 83 hood but I may be getting out of the business altogether. Fed up with these cars so I may also be parting a super clean, rust free 80K automatic Durban. PM for pics of inserts.

Thanks.

Edited by Ono

I saw a post from MikeMeyerhoff for 230.00 shipped so that's what I'll ask for mine. I was going to make another 83 hood but I may be getting out of the business altogether. Fed up with these cars so I may also be parting a super clean, rust free 80K automatic Durban. PM for pics of inserts.

Thanks.

Hey. Any Pics ?

Hey. Any Pics ?

I'll have to E-mail anyone interested in the scoop pics because I can't seem to be able upload pics that are big enough. I'm going to take some right now, so please send me your private e-mails and I'll send them to you that way.

As far as the car goes, long story. Been chasing the demon in it for 6 months and out of options as far as fixing it, tried EVERYTHING that was offered up by members here. Let's just cross that bridge when we get to it. Let's talk about hood inserts first. ;)

This is the only pic I can upload due to the size. I don't know how I see guys post big pics all the time. PM me for more pics. I'll have to send them to your personnal e-mail.

post-11861-1218843375_thumb.jpg

so because you are fed up with the car, you are going to ruin a "super clean rust free 80k automatic Durban"..... why not sell the car whole to someone who will treat it properly?

I really wasn't ready to go down this road with you guys yet but:

In a nutshell, there is no way I'll get 2K for it because it doesn't run properly. People on this site won't pay over 3K for one that's dang near perfect. I'm sure one of you guys like yourself, could have it running perfect in an hour. But, this car has been gone through with a fine tooth comb, the motor is solid as a rock, but something, something so small has my mechanic (a guy with limited Quest knowledge but 20 years mechanical experience) dead in the water. I/we have followed every piece of advice given here on the site yet we get nowhere. I probably paid to much for the car, it didn't run when I bought it, but we got it running and it ran about 500 miles before going South on me. A brand new head from Dad (blew the gasket, not my fault, installed improperly) led to finding 3 cracks in the head, so I bought a new one. Car still didn't run right, ran rich, tried everything, ran a while, started running like crap again. I can't begin to tell you the hours that's been put into it, the frustration it's caused me and most importantly, my time.

Look at the posts I made on it. I addressed everything that was suggested.

Once I put it back to the way it looked when I bought it, I'll post pics and if someone wants to give me 2K for it then great, but I know it won't happen. I'm not even counting on the less than 500 mile brand new head I had installed and all the other stuff I did like fix the A/C, put a stereo in it blah blah blah. It still has a non running electrical gremlin in it, stereo goes off and on intermittently (sic?) when the A/C is going. Other then that all else is great. It's a shame to part a straight as an arrow, zero rust, very good paint, great interior car, but you know as well as I do, if it doesn't run like a racehorse noone will want it, or they will want to give a fraction of what I want for it. It's the nature of the beast with these things. Again, NOBOBY HAS ANY IDEA OF HOW MUCH EFFORT I PUT IN THIS CAR, HOW WELL I TREATED IT, AND HOW FRUSTRATED I AM WITH IT. It will also give me a certain degree of satisfaction to "Watch the #$$#%%$ burn" if you will. It's fun to take out aggression on inanimate objects sometimes, especially ones that have been a source of contention between you and your wife and the bank account.

I know this is going to cause an uproar with certain people on here but what they need to remember is:

I own the car, the title is in my posession, if I want to smear it in peanutbutter and roll it off a cliff it's my perogative. At the same time, if someone wants to fork over 2K for a nice frick'in Quest with a running issue, I'll gladly send it home with them. When the time comes (maybe Sunday, depends on how back to it's original state I can get it to tomorrow) the car will be tried to be sold whole first. There is a guy who will give me 2500 for it with the just painted 83 hood, the new reupholstered seats, MAFT and wideband that's in it but thats 1450 bucks in extras I put on it beyond the 2K I paid for the car, so I told hime to pound sand.

Okay, I'm in with both feet now, so let it rip fellas. I can't wait to check back in in a few hours to see how many people want to hunt me down and crucify me.

Edited by Ono

if you can get it up to me I will try to make it run right Im in 23832.

That would be awesome but I could never get it up there. I even thought about having someone come to me, pay for a hotel and all, but monetarily it's not feasable right now. I do appreciate the offer though!

I sent you a PM on the pics. People who know what they are getting are willing to pay. These cars get frustrating at times, but most 20 year old cars do. If you decide to get things fixed, you could not do much better than Scotty. I would bet you he could rebuild the entire system in a weekend if it came down to it. :party0009:

JR

That's another part that irritates the crap outta me about it. I have limited mechanical ability, but it has grown expedientialy in the last year from working on all 5 of the Quests I have owned in that time. My mechanic not only works on the car, I also have been given free reign of his shop to work on it or anything else for that matter. I'm talking everything is mine to use there, from his three lifts to tools, welders, plasma cutter, ect. It's a fully stocked garage. This car has not only stumped him, but the guy who used to work for him, all his buddies in the business that pop in and hang out and every other person he/we have questioned about it. In my opinion, if it was going to be fixed, it would have been by now.

Jimmy offered to find out what it was as well, but getting it to SC wasn't/isn't feasable either. I just live in a Quest free zone I guess. I have experts more then willing to help a poor fool out but they are just to far away.