91 Shelby Dodge Daytona - PA

Here is my 1991 Shelby Daytona! 2.5L Turbo

The good:

absolutely 0 rust!! - Never seen snow or much rain.

Interior is in very nice shape!

Bad:

needs a head... 0 compression in cylinders 1 + 2... can get a new one for about 300.

paint isn't the greatest...

to make this car show ready.. you'd need to replace the head... do a little straightening, repaint the car... and you'd be all set!

Someone should shoot me an offer! this a rare car you won't see everyday.

I'm not going to crush it or anything... going to save it myself if I ever get the funds...

Let me know what you think!

Located in Seneca, PA 16346

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/vegetathunder/108-0876_IMG.jpg

getting trailered to friends garaged.. where someday hopefully in the near future the head will be replaced.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/vegetathunder/0701081354a.jpg

I almost bought one of these instead of the Quest. Cool car.

when I was searching for my Quest...these were also in mind, too...

There neat looking...pretty quick...and honestly, remind me of a quest at certain angles.

I like it...

and the speedometers are awesome in those cars. New, they came with a sticker to put on them, and they took the pins out of them, so that when it went back around to 0, you were doing like 115 or something(what the sticker told you, all the way to 150). Neat history, and the Shelby is rarer than a quest...

No it isn't the t-top version...

The interior is black cloth seats that came with the shelby versions.

Sorry I don't have any interior pictures at the moment.

I'll try to snap a couple soon and post them up.

Thanks for the update. I'll look into shipping & repair costs.

EDIT- Prices for parts at Rock Auto:

Head w/ core: $565 ($440 + 125 core) (Refurbished stock head @ FWD performance $399 + $? shipping, no core)

Head gasket set: $67 (Fel-Pro w/ bolts)

Timing belt component kit $33 (belt & tensioner)

Timing cover gasket set: $6

Shipping: $37

Total: $708 less $125 core (less return shipping), or about $575 (est) w/ FWD head & RA parts

Is the head toasted or could it be reworked at a machine shop? I guess some pics or a description of the head would be helpful also if possible.

I had an '87 Daytona non-turbo & had to do this repair- pretty easy, and the car was easy to maintain. Cold AC is a big plus.

EDIT 2

Ouch- shipping to me $1100+! While I'd like a shot at fixing and using this one, I can find a 'Quest 3 hours away for a little less that doesn't need the repair work- no offense intended, I always like to work out the numbers ahead of time.

$1500 car

$1100 ship

$600 fix

$3200

Still not a bad deal for what you are getting- anyone local to him should pick this one up.

I'd bet if you got it running & put it on Autotrader, Turbo Dodge, or Ebay you'd get close to $4K out of it.

Edited by Starquest_Shopper

• 2 weeks later...