86 questers i have a question for you!!

warthogtech

so my boost gauge hasn't worked since i got the car so i put in an aftermarket one to show me boost. during some troubleshooting i found the nipple on the boost sensor broken off. i'm curious if this isn't hooked to the vaccum line and not sending the ecu info about boost will it degrade the performance. i would think that the signal that the boost sensor sends to the ecu would effect how much fuel it would inject depending on where the boost was. please correct me on that if i'm totally wrong. basically i'm just curious if i leave it unhooked will it degrade my performance. thanks!!! Edited by warthogtech

YES, your car will run very rich and not like to boost at all.

Easy fix, get some plastic epoxy or some JB kwik weld and put a new plastic nipple on it, don't throw that sensor away because a new one is hard to find. You can get a new plastic nipple off your EGR solenoids if you're not using them, or there are plenty in mitsus at the junk yard.

-Robert

Yep, just file both the sensor side and nipple side flat so it'd be nice and even.

You can use a paper clip or a nail or something to put through the nipple/sensor to help stabilize it on there while it's drying/curing.

-Robert