bigger turbo and tuning

get a Walbro 255lph pump ,I forget who, but there's an install kit that someone has specific for our cars (someone help me out with that info)

as for a turbo, there are a couple options, 14G, 16G, big16G, super 16G, 17C, 18G, 19C. Many have had good luck with all of these. I currently run a 17C TD05H in stock housings bored out.

If you want the most from a slightly larger turbo, you'll want to get a bigger, better flowing exhaust. That's one of my next planned upgrades once I get some cashflow.

Derek

Agreed. The 16g (not the Super 16g) is great for an otherwise stock setup. I had it for 5 years or so, and loved it. A fuel pump isn't even needed for that so long as your stocker is still running strong and you don't try to boost more than 15psi. It spools fast and has great street response between lights. Not as much top end, but PLENTY more than the stock 12a turbo. With some porting, it'll give you a ton more power & response.

You WILL need to get a blow-off valve for the 16g however as it flows more air than stock turbo. Good luck and keep reading up on here.

Edited by mstieg

• 3 weeks later...
what do i do about the whole tuning of my car part?

Since this didn't really get answered, all you need to do with a small turbo upgrade like a 16g is make sure your boost isn't too high. You'll be fine with maybe 15psi, but even a 16g might give you some problems.

If you like more boost, you have two options for the stock setup: the first gen turbo eclipse mass air sensor, or the maf translator and 3" gm mass. they are both pretty easy to use, but the maft has some knobs you can turn to change what fuel you are putting in.

If you go with a 1G sensor or the stock one, you won't need to do any tuning, the stock ecu will figure things out for you.

Well, what's the state of your car right now? Running and driving or engine out/broken?

If it's all working fine and there aren't problems with it running well, I'd start off with the 1G mass air sensor, since you can get them for free (never pay more than 30 dollars for one though) if you find someone with a 1G.

It's easier and is pretty much bolt-on. if you don't have a 3" exhaust, get one.

You can always get a fuel pressure regulator and bump up the base pressure if you need more fuel. The MSD #2222 works well as a 1:1 rate that will increase the fuel delivered by 1psi for every psi of boost, just like the stock (which may or may not be working still). Edited by mstieg

You'll need to have a turbo shop machine the housings to fit the new wheels.

The Subaru exhaust wheels may be different also, as in too small.

Some other cars use like TD04H's and such, instead of our stock TD05 and what most SQ's with s16g's use--the TD05H..