Oil Squirters

I have looked in the 86 and 88 manual and I find nothing on the oil squirters. I want to know the torque specs on them When I tighten them down, they get to a point and then the nut turns. What is the proper way to install these things?

before you put them back in lets assume you have cleaned them, depressed the valve in the bolt and flushed it, blown pressurized air and some type of solvent through the jet

per the factory engine rebuild manual they didn't list a spec but they said it was fine to reuse the two old aluminum washers and you tighten them until the washers start to mash outward, they use two washers one above and one below the jet

there is a spec I don't know what it is, I just did it like they said if it mashes out good if not maybe that torque spec isn't enough, someone will post it

they are rights and lefts

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM000256.JPG

Edited by Indiana

I don't know where they got the spec but AERA has it listed to torque the squirters 21-22 ft lbs.

That has always worked for me.

Dad

Thanks everyone! I just torqued them to 28 lbs. I just thought something was wrong when they kept turning. I thought it might be adjusting the pressure on the built in valve.