No fuel past injectors, wont fire

livesTSI

After getting through a CRAZY timing issue on my brand new engine, im down to a fuel problem holding it back from firing. Itll fire right up if a dump a bit of gas in the throttle body,and ive got gas at the TB, so thats how ive come to the assumption the problem lies in the injectors (or atleast the primary). Just for info they are OEM style injectors, one black one green (since mine is an 89). All new outer o rings and such, no service otherwise.

I recently replaced the injector clips with new ones, soldering them on. How should i go about narrowing down my issue? Can you check for for voltage at the clips?

Edited by livesTSI

• 3 weeks later...
ended up being a combination of a wiring issue and stuck injectors. got em freed up and going though. thanks

I'm having a wiring issue myself. my injector clips were cut off when I bought the car. I have replacement clips but can't make sense of the wiring.

Any help? Posted a thread in the virtual mechanic, but no responses.

YW=YELLOW/WHITE (primary inj. POSITIVE)

YB=YELLOW/BLACK (primary inj. GROUND

YG=YELLOW/GREEN (secondary inj. POSITIVE)

YL=YELLOW/LIGHT BLUE (secondary inj. GROUND)

The primary injector is black.

last batch I took to have cleaned one was a new secondary that had been sitting in a bag for about 5 years and a few others one set I had cleaned 2 years ago and they all ended up about 3% better flow after cleaning so what were cleaned a few years back and still work continue to have build up from fuel today and slowly get worse and worse, imagine how original uncleaned injectors flow that's why I always say have them cleaned first thing if you get one of these cars new to you its not worth the price of gas to have dirty injectors