Anyone have experience with car covers?

Josh '88

I want to buy some car covers for my Quests. Both cars stay outside all year long on a gravel driveway, and I'd like them to stay clean longer than just a few days after washing them. If anyone has experience with car covers, please reply with some buying tips.

I have a real nice one here specifically made for the quest.Even has the pockets for the side view mirrors to fit into and has the tie rope that goes under and across the car to keep it held down.

Says Beverly Hills on it

I got mine from Costco for $30... it's rated for outdoors. It's a medium size.

It rains most of the time here and it stood up to that very well. You should check out the different types of materials depending on your climate and how you plan to store the cars.

-Robert

Get a polyester/cotton one. It will breath better and not let moisture build up. Also try and get one that lets you tighten it somehow at the bottom. My first on blew away on a windy day. Don't get a plastic type one.

i just have a dust cover for mine. You should know that parking on gravel will rot the car out quicker than grass. something about how the moisture builds up. I would think a cover would only make it worse:(

If expense is no object, use a car cover made from Kimberly Clark Evolution IV fabric. Repels water, breathes to allow moisture to evaporate, tough and tear resistant. Wolf Industries.

Cover King makes some very nice covers also. I use 'em on my cars indoor and out.

Edited by DomJoseph

I haven't heard of that Evo IV fabric, but I have a cover made from the Kimberly-Clark "Noah" fabric. It's very soft and water resistant (it keeps the car dry during short rain storms, but in a heavy or long rain storm it will eventually soak through). I bought the cover a few weeks after buying my car (nearly 6 years ago) and the cover is still in excellent shape and I use it all the time and have machine washed it several times.