Frontend Shaking

Skippy

I have taken my car to a mechanic and they can't seem to find this problem so I was hoping you guys could help me.

When I am driving along going 30-40mph if I come up on a right curve and hit any kind of bump my wheel starts shaking pretty bad. It's to the point that I am a little hesitant driving on the highway because of this.

However, the mechanics have checked my front suspension and they can't really find anything that appears to be bad. They said that my bearings, struts, and tie rods all seem good. My strut mounts could probably be replaced, but they don't believe that is causing the problem.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

struts are shot, tires are bad, belts broken, out of balance or just a crap tire. steering shaft coupler bad

you got allot of play in the wheel with the motor off?

They say the struts are fine, but I have a new pair they could put in. The tires are brand new. I just had them installed and the problem was there before I had them replaced.

Thanks for the further advice. I will have them check the steering shaft coupler and see about the play in the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
i had the exact same problem. all i did was balance my front wheels out and it went away.

My problem is not the same as what you were probably experiencing. I just had brand new tires put on it and they were balanced fine. I stood out in the garage talking to my buddy while he did it so I know they are. The problem was there before and after and it generally only occurs when turning right and I hit a bump.

The place I have it was able to reproduce the problem and they now think it is the strut. So after a long and hard search to find a new strut housing I am getting new struts put on it. I had to get a new housing because for some reason my driver side (the one being effected) is a adjustable one and the passenger side is not. Once those are on we will see if that was the actual problem and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

all you would have had to do with cut out the adjuster knob, its the same housing after that, weld a plate over the hole afterwards

save that housing, someone will buy it from you or if you have a wheel bearing go out it will ruin a spindle and that means you'll be needing a housing

all you would have had to do with cut out the adjuster knob, its the same housing after that, weld a plate over the hole afterwards

save that housing, someone will buy it from you or if you have a wheel bearing go out it will ruin a spindle and that means you'll be needing a housing

I've had this same problem for a while. things i swapped to find problem, struts, center link and tie rods, strut mounts, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings,steering box and idler arm, just about the whole front end. I know my steering coupler is bad, but cant fix it till i fix the power steering. the only thing that gives a temporary fix is new tires, but they dont last long. I always thought the car had serious camber issues so i replaced everything and still the same. Maybe my frame is tweaked. Could the steering coupler cause this. Im running out of parts to change, maybe wheel bearings are the culprit?????