just bought an 88 tsi shp

powerline84

well after always wanting one of these damn things i finally got one. After i fix the long list that keeps growing....should be a descent car.

problem list

1. dyno/tune on sds

2. rear control arm bushings shot

3. alternator shot

4. power steering pump shot

5. center console reasemble/install a radio

6. oil leak

7. possible vaccum leak?

but i dont car these cars are bad a** and are getting rarer. i will probably be aksing a few stupid questions.lol but thanks for your help

well after always wanting one of these damn things i finally got one. After i fix the long list that keeps growing....should be a descent car.

problem list

1. dyno/tune on sds

2. rear control arm bushings shot

3. alternator shot

4. power steering pump shot

5. center console reasemble/install a radio

6. oil leak

7. possible vaccum leak?

but i dont car these cars are bad a** and are getting rarer. i will probably be aksing a few stupid questions.lol but thanks for your help

Pics help

no such thing as stupid questoins, feel free to ask, everyone has to start somewhere, post up some pics of the car and engine bay area, with that vacuum leak, you and eleminate the most of it unless you have emissions testing. but have fun with the new car..

can somebody put up a pic of were the wire for the temp guage mounts on the engine my temp guage isnt working apparently because the previous owner had the top end rebuilt and they didnt connect the wire. since i just got this thing there are wires everywhere and i have to sort them out. help please.lol

yah i love the car and once i saw mpi and all the goodies. i thought it was a pretty good deal. great starter platform anyway. i am going to iraq for a year and she is gonna be my baby when i get back, prob put about 10 gs in her.lol. she needs a tune realbad and the other issues fixed first. Goodthing i have a lot of tools lol and rececntly got rid of the wife.