supra killer need some ideas

fasttom5116

Just like the Quest motor which is why he, like many others, wants to swap out the motor.

Why don't you find something productive to do rather than commenting on every post I make. Seriously, are you that pathetic?

I'm sorry, I tend to follow morons around. Idiots make me laugh.

Grow up.

I'm sorry, I tend to follow morons around. Idiots make me laugh.

Grow up.

Your following my posts and telling me to grow up? Go back to your highschool and stalk someone else.

Yep, grow up.. Thinking it's all about you.. I guess sarcasm is wasted on you.

Since I have to justify to you why i'm responding to a thread i'm already participating in, I had to say something to someone who thinks a 426 Hemi is somehow subpar in any way.. I would've agreed if you meant the newer Hemi's, but you didn't.. Name a stock V8 that made more actual power and torque. Being a fanboy doesn't equate to having actual knowledge.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

That doesn't cut it though..

I recently saw a show on a lot of the old V8's and what they made at the crank in stock form.. From 327's to Boss 429's.. All engine dyno'd.. Nothing made more than the 426 Hemi.. I don't want to say what it made as I don't recall off hand, but it was rediculous enough that I didn't believe it at first due to the amount of torque.. I'm trying to find the info on the show..

I recently saw a show on a lot of the old V8's and what they made at the crank in stock form.. From 327's to Boss 429's.. All engine dyno'd.. Nothing made more than the 426 Hemi.. I don't want to say what it made as I don't recall off hand, but it was rediculous enough that I didn't believe it at first due to the amount of torque.. I'm trying to find the info on the show..

that quote i made above was at the rear wheels and was conservative at the time.it is hard to get realistic numbers from back them because of insurance ratings and the companies "dumbing" down the HP/Tq ratios.

the hemi is one bad engine,but the ford CJ engines are also mean and the dodge 440 is a better engine.

in stock forms,the 426 hemi and wedge and the 440 along with the ford cobra engines are nasty.

Supra killer huh? Well that all depends on what you intend to do with the car. Is it just to kill your buddy and make him whine like a little girl? Are you actually going to want to drive this thing around? Do you just want it to go straight? Do you want it to handle? Check it out, there are a few simple things to consider in order to build an appropriate vehicle for anything.

Weight

Traction

Suspension

Less weight = go faster. (Words I live by)

More traction = go faster.

Correct suspension = stay faster.

So with that said, there are a few things you also need to decide. Do you want to stay 4 cyl? 6 cyl? V8? Honestly, if you want to go balls to the wall, and I'm a devout Ford fan, the LS series of engines that Chevrolet has been producing are insane. Heads flow great with many factory upgrades, great stock camshafts, all aluminum engine (see less weight), great aftermarket availability, and insane durability. So, my vote would be an LS6 or LS1 with LS6 heads & cam and a pair of CORRECTLY SIZED turbochargers. You're going to be in the 700-900hp area pretty easily with that setup. You can throw a T56 6-speed transmission behind it so you don't have to worry about gearing as it's got 2 overdrives (5th & 6th are both less than 1:1 actual gears vary from model to model). Don't forget to have someone fab you up some subframe connectors and you should be good to go.

That's just my 2.6 cents though.

Laters,

Brian

you ever check the numbers on ZR1 Camaro?? or a Yenko COPO car. Or any COPO??? limited run 63 Corvettes with 552 big blocks?? or do those not count? i didnt get a copy of the rules. lol :confused0024:

Sure. I'm not saying the Hemi was the best ever made, especially when it comes to specialty low run examples like you mentioned. My point is that the Hemi was far from weak. It's like saying a honda engine can't rev past 5K, it's just obsurd and out of nowhere.

I wouldn't even try to build a Hemi powered anything, it's just not cost productive compared to sooooo many other motors. But I have to give respect where it's due.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

So with that said, there are a few things you also need to decide. Do you want to stay 4 cyl? 6 cyl? V8? Honestly, if you want to go balls to the wall, and I'm a devout Ford fan, the LS series of engines that Chevrolet has been producing are insane. Heads flow great with many factory upgrades, great stock camshafts, all aluminum engine (see less weight), great aftermarket availability, and insane durability. So, my vote would be an LS6 or LS1 with LS6 heads & cam and a pair of CORRECTLY SIZED turbochargers. You're going to be in the 700-900hp area pretty easily with that setup. You can throw a T56 6-speed transmission behind it so you don't have to worry about gearing as it's got 2 overdrives (5th & 6th are both less than 1:1 actual gears vary from model to model). Don't forget to have someone fab you up some subframe connectors and you should be good to go.

That's just my 2.6 cents though.

Laters,

Brian

The only problem with the LS series motor is you will end up spending a bit of money and most aftermarket parts are very expensive for it. A 302 or 351 would definitely be cheaper and produce comparable numbers for a lot less money. But if money isn't a problem, then you can do whatever you think is best.

The only problem with the LS series motor is you will end up spending a bit of money and most aftermarket parts are very expensive for it. A 302 or 351 would definitely be cheaper and produce comparable numbers for a lot less money. But if money isn't a problem, then you can do whatever you think is best.

I had a 351 in my Quest. It was anything but cheap. LOL I was over $30k into that car when I got rid of it. BUT, that was mostly due to my indecision on what exactly I wanted out of the car. Spent a lot of money on stuff I shouldn't have. Oh well. You can get a drivetrain out of a wrecked GTO or something for pretty cheap I'd think. Ebay is awesome. But like you said, it's all about the all mighty "Cubic Dollar".

How much money do you wanna spend on this project man. That's the best way to figure out what you can do.

• 2 weeks later...