Bad day for JV head

shoquest2007

It was one that was on ebay and was made out of exhaust tubing. with having 5 cars i have to spend wisely. But i didnt buy the pipe alone, i bought a lot of things on a lot auction and i said why not use this, and it cost me a head , so now im down a good head, but im sure it can be fixed i have pretty good welders near by, even the head that i put on the car was welded and fixed and works great.

no, but I looked into it, no one nearby knew any shops that would do it, but I was told it's possible. I bought a used Caravan head from someone somewhat local.

I still have that head back home, it's sitting in a pile of parts in the barn

Well the funny thing is that my brother needs to learn that he cant flatfoot shift and when he does he tears things up. Like dropping a valve, blown 4 head gaskets, broke a turbo shaft in half, broken rocker arm assy. Just a few off the top of my head , at least the bottom end held up through all that after i built the motor for him.

As far as me tearing things up this is the first one i personally did.

My wife was in her car with a fresh motor and had some mustang cut her off, so she floored it with only 2.5 miles and 30 minutes of run time before that and spun a bearing. so that motor rebuild only lasted a whole 5 miles. She is currently at 337 miles on the new rebuild and having no problems. I have gotten on it a little but at stock boost and it feels really good. So i think it will last her a while.