Pulling Engine...

88_ESI_R

Ok, I've got everything disconnected (minus the mounts and the tranny).....Question, where exactly do I hook the hoist to the engine at?

if it's the first time it's coming out, or if it was put back in with ALL of its original parts, then there are two hard points for lifting. One bolted on near the engine's front right on the exhaust side, and another near its rear left on the intake side.

if they're not there then I've always bolted the chains on by removing manifold nuts at each corner. The front left will most likely have to be the distributor stud.

if it's the first time it's coming out, or if it was put back in with ALL of its original parts, then there are two hard points for lifting. One bolted on near the engine's front right on the exhaust side, and another near its rear left on the intake side.

if they're not there then I've always bolted the chains on by removing manifold nuts at each corner. The front left will most likely have to be the distributor stud.

Hey Chip....Thanks!

It's the first time it's being removed...I guess I got so excited that I totally over looked those lifting points....

just a note for anyone without the lift points, i put a chain around the #4 exhaust manifold runnner on back left, and used one of the ac compressor mounting points on the ac bracket (top right looking at engine from front of car). used a load leveller with the lift......worked great...

eric