Ford AOD Tranny

uniques87

Hey fellas has anyone here of an Ford AOD Auto Trans swap for a starion. Does anyone make an adapter plate for this aplication. and if its even worth doing. Im getting ready to put some serious power to the floor and afraid my stock auto trans wont be able to take it. Whats the best auto trans swap for a starion outhere. and who makes the adapter plates.

Hey fellas has anyone here of an Ford AOD Auto Trans swap for a starion. Does anyone make an adapter plate for this aplication. and if its even worth doing. Im getting ready to put some serious power to the floor and afraid my stock auto trans wont be able to take it. Whats the best auto trans swap for a starion outhere. and who makes the adapter plates.

If you check some of the AU sites, when our auto tranny is built correctly, it can take a lot of power. Our basic trans was used in a few RWD imports.

these Jatco L4N71B transmissions can be built and reliably run 10 second 1/4 miles. KEAS is the company, they have a distributor in Orlando I believe. you can get everything from full manual valve bodies, transbrakes, upgraded clutches and bands and high stall convertors. People rarely put any faith in these transmissions, when built properly they can handle just about anything when prepped.

PS: I would never put a ford transmission in my car unless it was a C6 built for drag