aquarium question

chiplee

I don't thin Chip could manage a saltwater with his travel schedule. Our youngest inherited our blue gourami because it kept killing everything. So now it is in solitary in a 2 gallon tank on his dresser LOL.

Make sure you ditch those crappy fluorescent lights that come with a hood and invest what a full spectrum UV fluorescent costs. Whatever fish you choose, the full spectrum will make their colors "pop". I've always resorted to groups (15 or so) tetra's of varying breed. If you get a placostomus (SP?) he will get pretty big, help clean and look pretty when they spread out their fins. We had one that was 12 years old and 15" long in our 55 gallon before he croaked. Sucks having a fish that is too large to flush though!

I don't thin Chip could manage a saltwater with his travel schedule. Our youngest inherited our blue gourami because it kept killing everything. So now it is in solitary in a 2 gallon tank on his dresser LOL.

Make sure you ditch those crappy fluorescent lights that come with a hood and invest what a full spectrum UV fluorescent costs. Whatever fish you choose, the full spectrum will make their colors "pop". I've always resorted to groups (15 or so) tetra's of varying breed. If you get a placostomus (SP?) he will get pretty big, help clean and look pretty when they spread out their fins. We had one that was 12 years old and 15" long in our 55 gallon before he croaked. Sucks having a fish that is too large to flush though!

Perfect, I was wondering what better lights were available. It looks great right now but I know the standard bulb in there won't make it as bright as it could be.