did some upgrades

well i put my quest on the road recently and i yesterday i did a few things hoping for a some more power.i put the hard aircan pipe on.(whats that metal thing with the hose that runs from the factory air pipe to the top of the air can? couse i didnt have a port to connect that one.)also i put a k&N filter , a 1988 ecu , cut the airbox , put a *DM 2.5 downpipe , ran i 2.5 pipe all the way back with a high flow glasspack, and cut the a/c belt for less drag. it does work but its winter now so il put a ew belt in teh summer.in any event i did feel a little diffrence in power but the car is still a dam slug im not looking to dump millions of dollers into the car but if it had a little more get up and go would be nice.

well i put my quest on the road recently and i yesterday i did a few things hoping for a some more power.i put the hard aircan pipe on.(whats that metal thing with the hose that runs from the factory air pipe to the top of the air can? couse i didnt have a port to connect that one.)also i put a k&N filter , a 1988 ecu , cut the airbox , put a *DM 2.5 downpipe , ran i 2.5 pipe all the way back with a high flow glasspack, and cut the a/c belt for less drag. it does work but its winter now so il put a ew belt in teh summer.in any event i did feel a little diffrence in power but the car is still a dam slug im not looking to dump millions of dollers into the car but if it had a little more get up and go would be nice.

Get a S16G and a boost controller and then set it to 18 psi. Your stock fuel system should be able to handle it.

Get a port put into that hardpipe(or buy another one with a port) and hook the oil seperator back up. It's there for a reason.

Go through your fuel and ignition systems before you decide to raise the boost or run a larger turbo. Get a wideband also..

Your car will be a good bit different at 15psi on the 12a, versus the stock 7.5(i'm assuming you have an 87)...

Get a port put into that hardpipe(or buy another one with a port) and hook the oil seperator back up. It's there for a reason.

Go through your fuel and ignition systems before you decide to raise the boost or run a larger turbo. Get a wideband also..

Your car will be a good bit different at 15psi on the 12a, versus the stock 7.5(i'm assuming you have an 87)...

yes i do have an 87, also teh hose that is disconnected isnt the oil sperator i dont think im gonna run outside and snap a pic and then you guys tell me.

yes i do have an 87, also the hose that is disconnected isnt the oil sperator i dont think im gonna run outside and snap a pic and then you guys tell me.

unreal never mind. tell me why i just went outside to open the hood pulled teh lever and the hood didnt open so i pulled the cored out by hand alitlle more and it just kept coming. anyone wanna buy an 88 conquest 108k 2nd owner ? located in NY runs good hood doesnt open : ) .and i was gonna just goona to the car wash and buy some new tires today!

unreal never mind. tell me why i just went outside to open the hood pulled teh lever and the hood didnt open so i pulled the cored out by hand alitlle more and it just kept coming. anyone wanna buy an 88 conquest 108k 2nd owner ? located in NY runs good hood doesnt open : ) .and i was gonna just goona to the car wash and buy some new tires today!

lol...man that sucks. talk about a bad day :character0292:

If that little bit made you mad enough to sell the car you dont need to own one of these cars, sounds like you need to stay with your BMW. Just my 2 cents.

My brother has done everything from dropping a valve , blowing multiple head gaskets and breaking a turbo shaft in half to the lastest of shattering his rings.

Yes he doesnt understand why he cant run 25psi of boost on a not so modified fuel system yet, but i think he is getting the idea.

His first motor he had built himself lasted him 5 miles. LOL but he didnt give up. Just got back into and ask for help this time and the bottom end crank wise held up to everything he as thrown at it, he works on the car more than he drives it at 25psi of boost.

So if you like to drive fast all the time this car isnt for you. they are old and finicky and need lots of TLC to be able to enjoy them. He has his other motor built just waiting on the time to drop it in, also has about 5 spares to build and 11 gasket sets in the garage. I think he buys them in bulk.