starion vs 300zx

tico300zx

they are different beasts. The starion is more of a cult car. gobs of torque which make it great to drive. They handle really well in stock form but remember you are talking about a 20year old car so there will be a good deal of upkeep unless the previous owner was nice to the car. Starions are easy to work and on repair parts are fairly cheap but there is little to no aftermarket support with the cars. since your car is a 90-96 car working on it is a big pain:) NA your car puts out 222hp and 160ft lbs. the starion in 89 with 10.5lbs of boost put out 188hp and 220ft lbs.

if you look at stock numbers. your car 0-60 in 7.0 secons. 1/4 in 15.4 seconds.

i dont know the exact specs on the 89 starion but i think 0-60 is faster but 1/4 is the same. If i were you i would go drive the starion and see what you think. HP isnt everything:)

• 1 month later...

z32 twin > starquest in every way shape and form (looks/performance wise.... with only hardpipes, exhaust, fuel injectors and a JWT ecu flash / upped boost you make damn near 500whp)

im in the process of finding a z32 TT to mod... I know its going to be more of a money pit than these starquests... but at least it'd be semi-reliable.

I'd have to go SQ just for the money side of things..

How much is that VQ30DETT going to cost you to rebuild?

The SQ will be cheaper in the long run. I rebuilt my motor(incl. new pistons) with a brand new complete head and upgraded the turbo for about the same price as just an assembled head costs for my 2JZ..

Looks wise? SQ>any 300 or 350.. Period.

Getting off topic, i'd rock the hell out of a 72 240z with a SR20 or RB swap..

300z TT are pains in the a** and the motors aren't that damn reliable. Just know that if you blow your motor on 3z that the amount you pay to rebuild or replace will cost the same amount if we rebuilt are motors 3 times. Have fun

300Zs are nice and there is a simple thing you can do to a Twin Turbo to get 450Hp out of a stock motor, but anytime you pull up in a SQ ppl are gonna be more interested and i think they look way nicer. there's just something about it that NO other car has. so if it's non-turbo 300Z vs. StarQuest I go SQ.

300zx's are beautiful cars. A lot of power too. Cheap route = Starion. Expensive and difficult route = 300zx. The ones I've seen in this area aren't cheap either. Most cost around 7-10k+.