NEW tail lights

xtremeboost

This is what I would buy...its rough but I would buy this in a heart beat

that's totally 1985 but then again, so is the car. It definitely fits better than the circles. But I'd like a square/rectangular bank of LEDs like the new 4Runners have. Or maybe if Lusion's design was done in rows of LEDs it would fit the lines of the car and also be more modern.

These are brand new LED tails off of a 2008 4Runner. If you look at the red portion you see three rows of three LEDs. If our red portion was split into two sections of say 4x4 rows, the outer portion could be the blinker and the inner portion could be the running light/brake light. The white/reverse could just be nice new white like the top part of the pic here. I'll post day and night shots of them but I'm not photoshopper so you'll have to use your imagination for how our tail light layout would look.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/led.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/tails.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I meant for it to be rows and my b.s. design was meant for it resemble the glow of the LED's. I was meaning for it to be 4 rows of red LED's and 2 rows of yellow and 2 rows of white. I was thinking that I could make them myself because its not very hard to, all the parts I would need I can buy at radio shack. I am going to the junk yard next weekend, they have 5 quests/starions and I am gonna buy as many tail lights that I can and mod a set to see what it will look like. What I want to do is track down the erobuni body kit that was made for SQ and see what different design tail lights would look good with it

Well I meant for it to be rows and my b.s. design was meant for it resemble the glow of the LED's. I was meaning for it to be 4 rows of red LED's and 2 rows of yellow and 2 rows of white. I was thinking that I could make them myself because its not very hard to, all the parts I would need I can buy at radio shack. I am going to the junk yard next weekend, they have 5 quests/starions and I am gonna buy as many tail lights that I can and mod a set to see what it will look like. What I want to do is track down the erobuni body kit that was made for SQ and see what different design tail lights would look good with it

I'm with you, but I wouldn't want the yellow and white to be LED, just nice bright new lights. The red is the only part that should be LED in my opinion. Not even sure I want any yellow back there. Wish it was just a starion tail light designed exactly like that 4Runner tail

Well the yellow could be done away completely and just make it all red with the white standard bulb. I know for me to mod it I would want to do it all in LED because it would be easier for me to make them. I'm not all that good with modding stuff so what I do know I use and hopefully through out the process I learn something new. Also I would mod the center break light and make that LED as well

Well the yellow could be done away completely and just make it all red with the white standard bulb. I know for me to mod it I would want to do it all in LED because it would be easier for me to make them. I'm not all that good with modding stuff so what I do know I use and hopefully through out the process I learn something new. Also I would mod the center break light and make that LED as well

I thought this thread was about having them professionally done. did that fall apart or something?

As I've noticed with many other threads it starts off with a good idea but no one can agree to anything. What one person wants is not what the other wants. I know exactly what I want and will make it myself. That and it would be cheaper for me to pickup some starion tail lights at the junk yard for 20 bucks and LED's from radio shack for 10 bucks and wire it up myself.

Actually to make it easier on me I am going to make the brake lights LED's and keep everything else bulbs. I am going to go with the lines going down first to see what that looks like. When I have it completed I will post pics.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/gtbanas/audi.jpg

I think that something along these lines incoprorated into the Starquest tail lights would work well, together with matching leds for the 3rd brake light.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/gtbanas/audi.jpg

I think that something along these lines incoprorated into the Starquest tail lights would work well, together with matching leds for the 3rd brake light.

that's almost exactly what I had i mind. Those rock but I think our car would fit better if the sides of the two LED "semi-round" tail portions were straight, instead of semi-circular. So we'd end up with two rectangles or two rectangular banks of LEDs.

Why not just borrow some styling from our good ole Ford Mustang buddies. The tail lights on the fox body LX Mustangs are really close to the same dimensions as our tail lights and look smoothe when in the red and white.

Nothing fancy but certainly a clean, factory look like I've seen mentioned a few times on here already. Of course something with LED's would be great too. There are aftermarket smoked, Mustang lenses that look like this... something similar with LED's would really be up my ally whether they were smoked or red and white.

Personally as styles come and go I think I'd prefer red and white. They would look good for years to come and not be a dated fad... but that's just my two cents.

post-10436-1206574355_thumb.jpg