88 Starion w/ 4g64 swap BUILT! Black/Black 5spd sunroof

Pr4mnceMan

Dammit OB, get a standalone on that beast and enjoy it! A stock DSM ECU can only do so much, im surprised its doing as well as it is, with a good standalone and tune, that car would be INSANE. Hell, just that little ride you gave me, that car is bad as it is. If i had the money, id be on that like a fat kid on a donut. Ill trade you a nice Miata for it, lol, id take real good care of that car....I miss Starquests :(

I've only put 800 miles on it but I'd get in it and drive it down to you with out thinking twice as everything was done the correct and expensive way. I'll have to put the clutch in it, other than that she's good to go. Let me know asap, I've got some people interested in parts, I just really really really don't want to part it. There is over $15K worth of stuff on the car at this moment. Its a ridiculous deal. I wish I could've found this car from someone for $11.5K before I built it!

John,

From visiting Brandon and seeing the condition he keeps all of his cars, I'd say you can't go wrong with this one. If it's like anything else he owns, it's damn near immaculate. I'd love to buy it but I can't spend money on toys and build a house. It's one or the other. There are lots of parts on it I need for my swap :twisted: but I would like to see it stay together and go to a good home.

Kane

Thanks Kane. I pulled the trans tonight, only reason I didn't put the new clutch in yet is the starter was weak and I'm going to get it replaced while its out and under warranty. With the swap its pretty difficult to get the starter out while the trans is in so I figured I'd get this one swapped out under warranty and put the clutch/trans back in over the weekend. I'm so damn torn on what to do. I don't know how I'm going to like driving the supra daily, don't know if I want to keep my bmw or not until I have the supra here for a few months and I really don't want to part this car out unless someone wants something major off of it to start the prcoess. IE I don't want to sell just the IC or the throttle body or BOV etc. etc. Nothing small that would keep the car from running. Everything was done with cost out of mind, can't believe nobody wants to buy a "bolt in" kit. All the coolant lines that had to be extended are metal and welded from scratch, custom 100% aluminum driveshaft, aluminum motor mounts that are 150% dead on straight, 3" mandrel down pipe, 1 piece IC pipes. It looks like the 4g64 came in the car factory besides the wiring harness and the harness isn't that bad, it was just temporary. I really really really want to see this car live on and be finished to the potential of the build.

Got the clutch and new starter in last night, shes back on the road! I've got an emprom ECU on the way that has the rev limiter bumped to 8500 and fuel cut removed. If this doens't take care of the 5500rpms problem I am buying a VPC and AFC and that will definately take care of it. Once the car is 100% I will dyno it again on pump gas and then race gas. I expect at least 515whp on pump gas. Once it breaks 600 on race gas I'm not selling it for a cent under $15K. If I still have it in the spring it will go on ebay. If it doesn't sell I'm just going to keep it. I decided against parting it, too nice to take apart, unless someone wanted the whole engine and "bolt in kit" and if that happened I'd just put a mpi 2.6 back in with a 16g and not try to make any real power, just to keep the car and enjoy driving it and not pushing the limits.

have it apraised and insure it.. leave it out front and give me a call :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i will even send the shell back with an 87 vin....

yes. the car lookg great.

Danny

• 2 weeks later...
For all the time and money you put into it, I would just keep it. Once it's "100%" you will been done. Getting only half of your money back and not even enjoying the ride while it's complete; just doesn’t seem logical. These types of cars can only go up in value, once they are properly remembered again. They are the first gen. foreign turbo cars, and freaken RWD!

• 2 weeks later...
Well if you can take it to a Franchised dealership and then call Capitol 1 and tell them this car is worth the money and they will waive the 1997 or newer and less than 100k miles then I will use this $56k blank check that is sitting in front of me. If not I am probably going to get me a 2007 Lotus Esprit or the 1999 3000GT VR4 Spyder. Uncle SAm still owes me over $54k in back retirement so maybe that will get here then I can buy your car and have no notes. Good luck on selling it but I would keep it since you have spent so much, time , money, blood, sweat, tears on it. Just imagine how cool it will be in 10years or when you get to be 43 like me. Gary

Well if you can take it to a Franchised dealership and then call Capitol 1 and tell them this car is worth the money and they will waive the 1997 or newer and less than 100k miles then I will use this $56k blank check that is sitting in front of me. If not I am probably going to get me a 2007 Lotus Esprit or the 1999 3000GT VR4 Spyder. Uncle SAm still owes me over $54k in back retirement so maybe that will get here then I can buy your car and have no notes. Good luck on selling it but I would keep it since you have spent so much, time , money, blood, sweat, tears on it. Just imagine how cool it will be in 10years or when you get to be 43 like me. Gary

Spyder only existed in 95/96

You can get that check traded in on a person to person loan Gary! :lol: Thats who I went thru to get my supra. I'm sure I'll end up keeping it, its just frustrating that its gone on soo long, still unfinished and no telling how long I'll be short handed at work putting in 65-70 hours/week. I've been working 35-40 the past year and a half, its taking some getting used to. When I'm off and/or after work last thing I feel like doing is screwing with a car that I can't get into for 2 gears w/o getting a wreckless driving ticket. :roll: