Wont start when hot.

Ok, my MPI's not been running long, and still plenty of tuning to do, but I have been driving it to work all week. Getting me there and back and pulls good.

But...it wont start after its warmed up. The water temp is around 180, manifold temp is around 130, but it wont start. Its got a magna with 65mm throttle body, FIP FC-1, 55 lb injectors, and mallory 6al. Oh, and if I pull a vac line off plentum, and give it a shot of starter fluid it starts right up.

I did talk to Scott at FIP, and he said to check battery voltage when cranking. Stays right about 10volts. It runs fine otherwise.

Was at Sonic today, and had to pop hood, give it a shot of starter fluid and it started right up. Got thumbs up after it started. :lol:

well, if you have to add a combustable substance, you need to richen it up. looks like around the 180* range.

Humm, so your telling me I need to enrichen the "cold start" table at 180? If that is the cause, MS nags me that the value should be 100% at 160 and above.

What is your flood-clear TPS setting? I was having the same issues with my megasquirt and I reread the manual.... It says the flood clear throttle position must be significantly higher than the idle position. I had mine set at 20% and i raised it to 80% and it fires up good now. Hope this helps.

Also, see what you're priming pulse is set to. It might not be high enough for an initial start.

I set mine to give it a prime pulse twice. So it primes it, and when I let go of the key, if it's not running it primes again. I don't have any problems warm or cold starting it.

Shawn