MPI...

Alright guys,

I just got my car running stock (basically) and now I just bought a modified magna intake on ebay for 250. It seems to have everyhting besides injectors and the ecu. What injectors would you suggest and is the ecu from fuel injection pro a good choice. FOr another 500 plus injectors would I be up and running again?

Thanks alot.

Reading through here gets me so lost. I have a hard time figuring out everything like what all the abbreviations mean. SDS edis etc. What else is left after the ecu from fip? They say it comes with sensors and wiring harness and of course the ecu. I am going to be doing this slowly with my next motor so I have time to learn.

I doubt that you'll do it for another $500. An easy to install system runs at least twice that much. Megasquirt is cheaper but requires in depth wiring & programming. Then you have to get intercooler tubing & boots, fuel fittings, fuel pump & decide on an ignition system.

Alright guys,

I just got my car running stock (basically) and now I just bought a modified magna intake on ebay for 250. It seems to have everyhting besides injectors and the ecu. What injectors would you suggest and is the ecu from fuel injection pro a good choice. FOr another 500 plus injectors would I be up and running again?

Thanks alot.

Megasquirt $200-$300

used or new injectors $50-$200

sensors (map, temp., etc) $100

misc. parts (IC pipes, gaskets, fitting, hoses, wiring, etc.) $100

throttle body (if not included with manga) $20-$100

I built my mpi for ~$1200 about 4 years ago with the biggest ticket being the SDS ecu for ~$600.

A MPI swap can be quit price and time consuming. I went a different route with my MPI setup.

Intake, plumbing, and IC (all bolt-on) $800

ECU (Haltech E6k, w/ everthing needed) $1K

Ignition system $250

Other little odds and ends $200

Plus 20 hours to install. Plus countless hours of tuning, which is always growning when my car is running.