Making an Automatic a Manual

imadreadhead

What do i need to grab off of a parts car to make my automatic a manual besides the transmission and the clutch pedal

thanks

transmission, clutch, flywheel, clutch fork, master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, the line that goes fromt he slave to the master, driveshaft, and make ur tranny mount

• 2 weeks later...
add to you list every nut bolt and clip cause none will cross work

but don't do this cause 5 spds are more fun,, man thats childish

you want a 5spd buy one

i Agree 100%... the only reason i did my swap was because it cost me like $100 tops to do it and my auto tranny needed a rebuild..

i would have stayed with the auto if i had the money to rebuild it

the worst enemy of an auto is slipage and heat ,, any slipage is bad , if at any time you do have a shift that is lazy or seems to be sliping durring the shift you need to take a look at the band adjustments , bands and clutch pacs work just like brake pads but they don't have near the same amount of matterial on them, so if they slip they wear fast and don't last long

quest auto cars are gear'd a little on the high side, they use the same diff gearing as the 5 spd cars but they have a higher gear ratio when in OD then the 5 spd cars so this places more strain on the drive line if you run the car hard,, droping the diff gears a little reduces this and makes the car much friendlier to drive on the street under 60 mph

3:90 gears drop the rpms in OD to about the same as the 5 spd at 60 mph

• 8 months later...