t3/t4

after going through 3 12A's in a month i decided i had to do something different. so i threw a t3/t4 on it. so far its working great. right now it's dialed in with boost. the wideband reads 12:1 @ 16psi and leans out after that. i'll post some pics in a few days. and once i get the 6al and safc wired up i hope to put up some dyno numbers and 1/4 times.

mods:

1g maf

blaster 2

boost controller

custom t3/t4 manifold and d/p

regular a** ebay t3/t4

mods in next few days:

walbro pump

2 secondary injectors

safc

6al

well i got back from the track. went a 14.0 @ 101 with a 2.3 60 ft. i can't get this thing out of the hole to save my life. no mods on the block. what i have listed is what i've done. 3 12a's died at the hands of 14 psi. i obviously have some more tuning to do for the 1/4 to get this girl off the line. but this thing is balls fast up top. i took down the 5.7 GTO from a 60mph roll it had a cam, intake, headers/exhaust

maybe a 2 step will help me with spool off the line

yesterday on my way home my secondary stuck...never seen that happen before :roll: . it was wide open too. the car would fall all over itself til like 10psi when it would get close to enough air. i put the wideband on it and was getting like 9.6:1 at idle. seems like if it's not one part failing its another :lol:

just had them cleaned before i put them in. i took them back to the shop i had rebuild them...they say the solenoid is sticking. so i said f*** it and ordered a 75lb and 95lb delphi injectors.

i also have a caravan head coming with arp gear but haven't decided on a head gasket yet. any suggestions?

I just ordered the gear for a T3/T4 conversion. Nice to see some one else is already having luck with a similar setup. It is also good to know the stock engine is that strong. Nice machine. I am curious to know how many miles your engine has as well as what kind of compression readings you are getting from each cylinder.

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

my njv head is almost done its 3 angle valve job at the machine shop. i gave it a port/polish job and polished the bowls. i'm also getting the tops of the valve guides grinded down to accept my future cam's lift.

my shop and i are gonna be at MIR in november for the import vs. domestic finals. if anybody from that area (budd's creed, maryland) is gonna be there lemme know.

• 4 weeks later...