Schneider Cams GP!!!Updated List 5 *** CLOSED***

Brown

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

avman, BigAl - I have yet to get a shippnig confirmation from you. Please call or post up.

Notfried - thanks for the confirmation. When you called, I was so engrossed in my work that I had NO IDEA what you were talking about. Cam GP? What? :lol: .

If anyone wants in on this GP, I WILL give up my spot if you still want in.

thanks

BTW - they all come with stickers, spec card w/recommend lash settings (Mech), and a nice can of special lube :lol: .

avman (.....)- I have yet to get a shippnig confirmation from you. Please call or post up.

thanks

BTW - they all come with stickers, spec card w/recommend lash settings (Mech), and a nice can of special lube :lol: .

I should have the cam pulled this weekend (7-21-07) and shipped out Monday.

avman (.....)- I have yet to get a shippnig confirmation from you. Please call or post up.

thanks

I should have the cam pulled this weekend (7-21-07) and shipped out Monday.

Thanks avman. I will update the list as confirmed.

ill be in for a set of hd springs they didnt come with the cam i got a few months ago if we could get them a little bit cheaper with a few orders that would be great

Sorry, but the GP is only for the cam. There are no discounts for the springs. If you still wish to purchase some, please contact Jerry or Kevin @ schneider cams. # is listed on first post.

thanks

just a 284 hydraulic...i was gonna get a mech. one but i'm sick of listening to the clatter...right now i am running the cam that came in my caravan head and it just plain old sucks...i was about to get a cam right before you started this gp...i'm glad i looked around :)

just a 284 hydraulic...i was gonna get a mech. one but i'm sick of listening to the clatter...right now i am running the cam that came in my caravan head and it just plain old sucks...i was about to get a cam right before you started this gp...i'm glad i looked around :)

If you don't mind me asking, what clearance specs are you using?

.009" intake and .006" exhaust.

i got it from Shelby's write up that another member emailed me a couple years back.

i believe i still have it saved to my computer...i can email it to you if you want to read it.

it's a good starting point/rule of thumb to go by.

after that you can kinda tweak how tight or loose the lifter drags/pushes against the feeler gauge.

but like i said,i just shortened the 'van cam and am running it until i get a better one

Alright, people.

For those of you are ordering mechanical cams, I would also recommend getting the lash caps.

The part # is 71919 8mm lash caps.

I have also bought some but they need to be ordered. I have ordered a set but if there is some interest then I will get the order updated to eliminate any delay in your cam shipping. Please be sure to request them when they call for your payment!!!

I believe that they are about $35 - $40. That is LESS expensive than any that I looked up on the net. They run anywhere from $6 - $13 each!

Alright, people.

For those of you are ordering mechanical cams, I would also recommend getting the lash caps.

I have also bought some but they need to be ordered. I have ordered a set but if there is some interest then I will get the order updated to eliminate any delay in your cam shipping. Please be sure to request them when they call for your payment!!!

I believe that they are about $35 - $40. That is LESS expensive than any that I looked up on the net. They run anywhere from $6 - $13 each!

someone told me that even w/the hydraulic cam I would need lash caps...I don't know enough about it to say-I'm calling for Jerry tomorrow-please post a reply anyone who can comment.

thanks, avman

when does this update end?

1 question- if i run a 284, can i get a roller grind? If i do, what rollers would i be able to run and how would i be adjusting clearance?

I tried to set up one of tims banshee cams but i couldnt get the clearance right on the lash, even with spacers, i dont want this to happen on another setup.

when does this update end?

1 question- if i run a 284, can i get a roller grind? If i do, what rollers would i be able to run and how would i be adjusting clearance?

I tried to set up one of tims banshee cams but i couldnt get the clearance right on the lash, even with spacers, i dont want this to happen on another setup.

The same problem will be much worse with a Schneider roller. With my cams, the shim is the same thickness as what is taken from the cam, so it will have the same lash as putting a stock cam in. If it doesn't have the correct lash, then it wouldn't have had it with the stock cam and rockers either. chances are you were using the roller rockers out of a 1.0Liter SOHC with 1.5:1 rocker ratio. Those will not preload the lifters even with shims, and require the longer valve, and possibly head work to use. The 3.0L roller rockers will run with shims, unless there is something amiss with the set-up that would not even work with the factory cam and rockers.

Alright, people.

someone told me that even w/the hydraulic cam I would need lash caps...I don't know enough about it to say-I'm calling for Jerry tomorrow-please post a reply anyone who can comment.

thanks, avman

DO NOT USE LASH CAPS WITH A HYDRAULIC CAM. Period. Unless it is a very custom set-up with many additional challenges and factors addressed and overcome.

They will pop out and most likely ruin the head.