She is a beast!

"If I were you, I woulnt even bother O-ringing the block because you would have to also cut receiver grooves in the head to basically recieve the Oring from the bolck and you MUST use copper...this is usually all out drag racing engines."

So then where does the headgasket fit in?

the gasket has to be copper HG. once the head is torqued, the copper will be "stuffed" into the receiver groove in the head via the O-rings on the block...that will completely seal the combustion chamber, however, the water/oil jackets dont quiet seal perfectly and knowing copper, it will fail after a few heat/cool cycles and allows the water/oil to leak. Copper is only flexible to a certain point and after that you cant get it back to seal, conventional gaskets however do have that capability because of having composite material. Fel-pro gasket will perform excellent under normal conditions, O-rings on the head just assure that the 20-30psi of boost doesnt move the gasket...think about it...30psi + fuel once combusted creates massive compressive forces...like a bomb. So we just want a controlled bomb...not the one that destroys everything! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
So you still need to have grooves machined into the block to recieve the o-ring correct?

No. if you are doing an all out race setup USING ONLY COPPER HG, you oring the block and put the reciever grooves in the head, so that copper is pressed into the groove with the help of the orings, but the water and oil ports usually dont really seal up that well and its not going to last too long with copper, but if you just want a good combustion seal USING FELPRO, you can oring the head or the block with no need to have reciever grooves. and as most of us know, FELPRO also does a great job of sealing the water and oil ports. I did the head on mine and its working flawlessly for some time now!