MPI Here i come

Well im about to try and go MPI. I still need an intake manifold and a throttle body and i still need to rebuild my T67. Besides that is there anything else im forgetting? I'll probibly need a bigger intercooler.

--Ordered from Horsepowerfreaks.com

Aeromotive Fuel Filter

Aeromotive 800HP EFI Fuel Pump

Precision Turbo Injector - 880cc (x4)

SX Performance Pressure Regulator - 35-90 PSI

--Ordered from Glen's Garage

MegaSquirt II ECU v3.0 w/ 4 Bar Map

Maybe a gasket kit (for intake man), hard pipes, possible larger inlet/outlet if running on stock IC, msd ignition, 6al, may need a pick up for distributer. Im not sure about this-Is a T67 going to bolt up? you may need a new exhaust manifold, oil lines, maybe overkill but new fuel lines, a lot of other stuff depends on what kind of manifold you choose...What other details on your car now???

Yes i do have a different exhaust manifold already. i've got larger hard pipes laying around the shop that i can weld up. Getting a MSD Blaster coil for now. im not too concerned about controlling ignition right now unless i have to. Nice wiring harness! That would make it easier. Thanks for the link.

you can use a stock 65 mm ford tb, or some people opt to go larger. BBK makes an aftermarket upgraded 70 mm, and i have heard rumors of a 75mm, but i cannot guarantee that it will fit on the magna i will be sending you. i dont know for sure, but i think a 65/70 mm should supply you with plenty of air

also, are you running the stock head? remember, this magna is setup to run the magna head. If you are running the stock head this mpi will need a few small mods still.

get the 65 unless you paln on over 500 HP, and even then only go 70. all 75 will do is ruin your tip-in responce (stumble on sudden throttle changes), make it extremely difficult to cruise on part-throttle, and not add apreciable power gains.

ther eis a vendor on ebay that sells new 70 MM TB's for about $120.

you can use a stock 65 mm ford tb, or some people opt to go larger. BBK makes an aftermarket upgraded 70 mm, and i have heard rumors of a 75mm, but i cannot guarantee that it will fit on the magna i will be sending you. i dont know for sure, but i think a 65/70 mm should supply you with plenty of air

also, are you running the stock head? remember, this magna is setup to run the magna head. If you are running the stock head this mpi will need a few small mods still.

I'm running a Marnal head. what is different about the magna head that i will need to change?

get the 65 unless you paln on over 500 HP, and even then only go 70. all 75 will do is ruin your tip-in responce (stumble on sudden throttle changes), make it extremely difficult to cruise on part-throttle, and not add apreciable power gains.

ther eis a vendor on ebay that sells new 70 MM TB's for about $120.

sounds like im going with a 70mm then. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My order through GlensGarage.com never went through for some reason and they never replied to my emails. So wheres the best place to buy megasquirt? I need sensors and everything still.