DELETE THIS POST PLEASE

Would you want the dash to use different gauges and light switches?  

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Hey man, it's nice that you want to do a carbon fiber ______ (anything) for the car, but it's square. it won't get much better than the stock shaped gauge pod.

Now if you replicated the entire dashboard including the gauge pod in carbon fiber and cut out about 50 lbs, i'd be interested.

make a test mule like the stock one (easiest to do), offer a choice between CF and FG.

If folks see it and like it they will buy..if they want to change the gauges and stuff itll just be a matter of modifying your mold.

the key here is to show a sample product as we have had to many CF fortune tellers in the past. ANd after john jamerson few are willing to send money blindly for testing these days.

nice idea !!

how about CF inserts for the door panels where the fabric is ?

btw how did that John Jamerson case end up :?: :?:

I like it... while we're at it...

:idea: add a cf or fg rear dash (cargo area)! That would look much nicer than stock! Also why not a cf/fg where the trim's in the rear cargo area (that people have to cut out to put in rear strut bars) then you could make it w/ a cutout and w/o a cutout for a rear strut bar!!!

nice idea !!

how about CF inserts for the door panels where the fabric is ?

btw how did that John Jamerson case end up :?: :?:

LOL, not any DOHC g54's running around that i know of :)

He is MIA,the last i saw he had the brooklyn bridge on ebay at Buy it now ;)

Dont want to be an a**... but, here it go's. These "gauging intrest" or "testing waters" GP on carbon fiber stuff NEVER gets made. (except for propose101 who already has a prototype before offering)

Every year there is someone who knows someone that can make CF stuff "real cheap" (CF fortune tellers LOL) the threads go on for pages, but nothing ever gets done because R&D + time and materials for this type of work is thousands of dollars.

I dont want to pee on your parade, so I would start with something small that will be relatively simple (like the door panel inserts). Have it made for your car then show the piece and see if more people want one. Then move on to something bigger that a lot of people would want like an airdam, even then you might not get enough people who can afford one to cover the cost of the mold and R&D.

A very small amount of people would actually buy a full custom FG or CF dash. People are to used to "mass produced in china ebay prices" and think the price for custom stuff is a rip-off, even if its not.

GP's are not easy. Even simple ones go bad sometimes, but the CF ones never work for some reason.??

So good luck, because people are always asking for CF stuff, so there is a market for it.

Kyle. Does this guy have pics of any dash's he's made before? A dash is without a doubt one of the hardest pieces to replicate out of CF.

I've made a mold of one and did some runs for another car club, and let me tell you brother, it isn't easy to get them sold for real.. Even in a club where 40-60 people drop $4000-6000 on rims and tires, $2k for coilovers etc.. I've made SQ items out of CF before and had no luck here, even on the most simple of things. So, the door panels, horn cover, gauge bezel, center console and other things i've already made will be a one off for me only. There's just not enough real interest here to justify my time. Thus, other car clubs get the work.

If this guy does this for a living, the cost of the initial mold will be rather beefy. As in paying for all materials plus dozens and dozens of hours of prep and fab time. Nobody works for free. It'd take at the very least, a dozen sold to recoup the mold costs. With a final price between $1300-1700 shipped.

That's alot of coin for this group i'm afraid.

How much does this guy think he can do them for?

Our dash is do-able though, as there's no complex or extreme angles that would require a two piece plug.

ROGER THAT FELLAS, i know all about the posts that don't end up ammounting to anything... so with that.. i'm deleting this post until i get it made for my car.. expect pictures of it toward the summer.