In need of a crank pulley!!!!!!!!!!

blazer812004

Some how my crank pulley has broke on the back pulley that drives the alternater, it clanks back and forth into front pulley makeing allot of noise, so if anybody has one for sale or can dirrect me in the right location to get one I would appreciate it thanks!!!!!!!! Mitsubishi wants 218 bucks for a new one, alot of money for a pulley.

do a search for the 83 starion pulley . it doesn't have the rubber inside like the other pulleys , so it won't fall apart . its like a quarter the weight of your current pulley . also if you ever get rid of your A/C the ac pulley unbolts from the main . think the dealer sells them for 30 bux , if you have a/c make sure you get the one for a/c

Ha LOL Same thing happened to me on Friday....it was making a vibrating hum and I thought a bearing was freezing up 'cause of the vibration through the steering wheel and clutch..then I saw the pulley after I smelled burnt rubber....it was all cocked and the belt about to roll off....I had an extra...hardest part was taking the bolt off and retorqing it (engine seemed to keep spinning..ebrake not holding tight enough)..2 hours later all is well. God luck.

An easy way to get the crankshaft pulley bolt off is to put a breaker bar and socket on the bolt. Remove the sparkplugs. Rotate the motor by hand

until the handle of the breaker bar rests on the driver side frame rail then bump the starter. Works every time. I've been doing it for years.

I've done that by accident a few times, never hurt anything either. It's kinda "redneck", but works flawlessly.

LOL that is funny stuff...how do you accidentally crank the engine with a wrench on the flywheel bolt?