Feeler: MPI Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds

JNZTuning

I don't know the answer, but it's extremely rare for an OEM plenum to be very large, the magna is smaller than the displacement of the motor, which is common of most OEM designs. That makes them more responsive by keeping the air velosity in the runners high, which also reduces thier flow capabilities.

I don't know the answer, but it's extremely rare for an OEM plenum to be very large, the magna is smaller than the displacement of the motor, which is common of most OEM designs. That makes them more responsive by keeping the air velosity in the runners high, which also reduces thier flow capabilities.

prolly close to the magna i would imagine.i have acces to one of those cars and thought about going that route.

I see what you are trying to do, and i respect that...but the g54b has tq to spare, the weakness of the g54b is getting it breathe..meaning a engine that has a larger useble power curve....imgaine making power from say 3500 rpm all the way to 7000-8000 rpm.. usebale power meaning it's pulling strong the whole way..thats what we need for the g54b...now a honda whould need more usable tq, which it has none to begin with..i've said before and i'll say it again...a g54b starquest with 600hp and 500ft pounds will beat a g5b4 with 500hp 600ft pounds in the 1/4....

I 100% agree

• 2 weeks later...

for the record, i am definitely interested. looking to buy any time within the next couple months or so. if this one does not happen i will most likely go with chad's intake. but like he said, competition is a good thing for all of us. these MPI products just keep improving and i want to commend all of you who dedicate your work to make this happen.

to the OP- will your intake have velocity stacks? i would assume so but want to make sure. also, which fuel rail are you looking at using?

i would also like to know how the flow results turn out, as i plan to use a ported magna gen 2 head w/ 1mm oversized valves and want to make sure the manifold provides enough flow to match or better the head.