Haltech MPI-ECU-wide band O2 systems-parts GP

Chad

I am negotiating with a local Haltech vendor that was recomended to be my another SQC member. He and I are still working out how it would work, but I'd like to get an "intersted party" list started so we can see what direction this should go.

It will be seup as a "anything haltech sells, alal-carte" GP, every one will be able to get just what they want.

It will include the following ECU's :

F-10X (fuel only)

E-6X (fuel and ignition)

E-8 (fuel and ignition with more channels and resolution than the E-6X)

E-11 V2 (fuel and ignition with more channels than the E-8)

All ECUs have datalogging built in, and a real time gage panels on your laptop for tuning. this is a laptop programed system, but you can remove the laptop once you load your program.

ECU selector guide >> http://www.haltech.com/ecu_comp.htm

Options include (but not limited to)

basic sensor/connector kits

1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 bar map sensors

ICS (idle control servo) kits

Wide band O2 controler kits

WG solenoid (these ECU's can run an electronic boost control solenoid for you)

ignition coil packs and adapter kits

trim modules to adjust settings on the fly

hall sensor crank pickups

wiring harness options

Pricing yet to be determined, but you can expect a pretty good discount. We will need an idea of how many are interested to lock in an exact discount.

Post here if interested, and state what you are interseted in getting, this is not a commitment to buy:

Interested parties:

1: Chad : E-8 w/ 4 bar map, ICS, WG solenoid, hall pickup, sensor pack, and trim mod

2: Casey L : WB controler/gage

3: Smog : E11 harness

4: Ryan V : E6 or E8 w/s most all the options

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

alright, sign me up for a flying lead for the e11v2, and also the wasteg ate solenoid. I may chabnge my mind and go with a terminated harness, but I gotta talk to haltech first. Need to find out if I can control 2 wastegates.

btw, the guy chad is going through is awesome. I picked up my e11v2 from him. Very helpful, and knows his stuff. I suggest anyone thinking about going with a standalone to use haltech, awesome software and hardware!

Depending on price one of the below...

E-6X (fuel and ignition) or

e-8

basic sensor/connector kits

3 bar map sensor

ICS (idle control servo) kits

ignition coil packs and adapter kits

trim modules to adjust settings on the fly

hall sensor crank pickups

wiring harness options

Ok, the guy I'll run this through is very cool and wants to help us out, he's a car guy like the rest of us, not just a bu$ine$$ man. He really wants to see a 10 ECU minimum order, but if we reach that mark, we are looking at a final sale price of just a little over dealer wholesale. this is a conciderable discount, cheaper than you will find anywhere.

If you want retail pricing info on the parts go to:

http://www.racetep.com/haltech/halweb0405.xls

this is the entire haltech product line down to the smallest parts. It's on Top End's website. TEP is are pretty cheap for this kind of stuff, and this GP will be cheaper than TEP's prices 8)

That TEP spreadsheet is a good way to price out a system for yourself, you can get an idea what all the options cost etc.

An example (estimate) of a basic system (basic sensors and pickup ) in this GP would price out as follows:

f-10 fuel only $1050

E6X you supply coil/driver $1200

E8 you supply coil/driver $1400

E8 with individual coils $1600

E11 wtih individual coils $1900

Please keep in mind when you compare this pricing to TEPs listed kits, they do not include the $100 hall sensor pickup assembly which will be nessesary to run this on our motors. the kits listed above would be the minimum you would need to run the system on a G54B.

Spread the word to the other forums, the more we can get in on this , the better off the community will be, and the more MPI's we can get on the road :wink: .

BTW, the supplier made it VERY clear to me that he will stand behind whatever he sells tech wise, this will NOT be a parts-only kind of transaction. He's been dealing with these haltech products since the late 80's so he's no slouch on how to set them up and tune them. between his support and our knowledge of the G54B, I'm pretty sure everyone will be very happy with their final system.

I think these guys are looking for standalone WB kits for EFI systems they arelady have.

I'll get back to you guys ASAP on WB kit pricing.

Exactly what I am looking for. Im eager to see how much they are. The setup runs around $400 retail.

On the WB controler kits:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate-XD...1QQcmdZViewItem

and :

http://www.haltech.com/wideband_lambda.htm

they are clearly the same product wtih differnet labels (as Smog pointed out). Doesn't really matter, that is done in most industires. Now you know what the run $$ retail and how they compare with other brands.

In comparing the two spec sheets for the AEM and innovative, the only different is that the innovative(haltech) has:

Record/Calibrate/Peak Hold button

That Ebay auction AEm one seems like a great value

the aem has calibration features. I have one sitting in front of me. As for logging, if you are using a haltech, you dont need any sort of logging in the wideband unit, as you can log it along with whatever else you have inputs for. and set them up in graphs and what not. TYhe main reason I didnt go with a more spendy one, plus the aem gauge is pretty damn nice looking, and has multiple faces. I thikn the sensor is around 60 dollars to replace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Haltech E11V2 and need a Wide band O2 controler kit.

Also, I need help getting the beast to run properly. I have her running but she smokes a lot and seems to be running rich. If i turn down the injector duration, she seems to stall out. Humm, but I just downloaded the new manual. Perhaps I'll find a golden nugget ;-)

• 2 weeks later...