Custom Made Rims With Tires

88_ESI_R

Found a local shop today that makes custom rims with the proper off-set and finished how you want. They can do 16, 17, 18, 19, & 20's with a width from 7-10. They come with the new Toyo TR 1's mounted and balanced. They are supposed to be the best Toyo made. The guy told me worst case scenerio with a huge rim and tire would be $3000.00 for the set at a single purchase. Most sets go for $2000.00 for a single purchase. He said if we get enough interest he would do a GP. I'm going to go his shop next week and get pics of the rims he can do and post them. How many people would be interested?

Does it HAVE to be a set? I think I might only want a couple of rims for the rear but then again I might if I can get the $ up go for a whole set...

I don't think so. But like I said, that figure he said was on the high side with just a single purchase. As soon as I see some more responses then I'm going back to the shop and I'll show him the post and we will go from there.

How about some pics of his work? And are they available without the tires. I'm not into Toyo. What would be really cool is some 17 or 18 inch that look just like stock with 8's for the front and 9's for the rear.

How about some pics of his work? And are they available without the tires. I'm not into Toyo. What would be really cool is some 17 or 18 inch that look just like stock with 8's for the front and 9's for the rear.

I'm going back to the shop this week and if the weather is good I'll be taking the Mitsu. and I'll get some pics and post them. As far as getting them without the tires, I don't think that would be a problem at all.

thats a good deal cus I just paid 1,300 for some chrome 17 cobra R's with bfg's and the rims are knock off's

wow,you didnt check ebay?

and for 2k,his work has to be good cause some of the bigger companies offer custom built rims for about the same or less.of course i lean toward the hot rodder side of the spectrun when it comes to rims....colorado custom,boyd coddington,etc

if im gonna drop 2-3k I iwll just get some simmons or kinesis wheels. what kind of gp pricing?

Remember, these prices also include Toyo Proxes T1R's. As for gp pricing, like I said before......I'm trying to see what kind of interest there is and then I'm going back to the shop this week and pulling up this thread so the shop can see the interest. At that point the shop and I will talk numbers.

How can we be interested with no picture?

Well with only 47 post to your name obviously you don't understand how hard it is to get gp buys started on a vehicle that is between 19 and 25 years old. I said earlier in the thread that I was going to try and get some pics this week but things have been a little hectic for me being that I just got back from a year deployment to Afghanistan. Either way, I'm getting a set of his rims I was just trying to give back a little for all the help that I have received from here.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there mister 178 posts, settle yourself. hes got a good point, if you were so hectic, maybe you shoulda waited till you werent so hectic so you could get pics, because i mean c'mon, with a post like this, pics are a nessecity.

Well for your information, I came upon this custom rim place by accident. I went to a shop that used to be an auto acceserory store looking for parts for my new truck and discovered it was replaced with this custom rim shop. I was looking for some serious positive responses so that I could take them to the guy and show him that we were serious but as usual, I ended up getting a few of you guys that believe it's all talk so thanks to a few of you and your negative posts I will no longer be trying to do a gp and just get my own made. I will not walk into a shop and show someone negative and attitude feedback and ask for a gp. Sorry to anyone else who wanted more info on this. Mods, can you please remove this gp.

All you need is pictures of some of his designs bro. People won't justify saying "yes" to something that expensive without seeing it..

With the information provided, it does see like a good deal since it includes tires. True custom rims in the 17-18" variety will run ya $2500 just for the rims.. But they're also very lightweight. I would try and get some design pictures and weight specs.. Anything more than that isn't needed..

• 2 weeks later...
Bought a set of boyd coddingtons last year for 1300 shipped they are 17x8 and 17x9 1/2 and they offset them for each car so no fitment issues I am about to put down another 1800-2000 for a set of 18's because the forged center on my boyd's has a reversed pattern and won't clear my wilwood brakes, 4 pistons with 12.8 inch two piece rotors. So call wheel city go thru boyd's website. The retail prices are steep but call the vendor and get really good prices.....