GM MAF TRANSLATOR

Don't know why you guys are not trying this out but it's as good or better than Rayman said . I'm only running 9-10 psi max on a18g and this thing pulls way harder than with the 1st gen mas at much higher boost levels. Plug and play no other way. I'm going to work my way back up to 17-20psi where I'm used to running . I'll definately be looking for you Monty.You know the deal, once you're on top they all gun for you. Catch you in the hood sometime.

I'm working on piecing together everything I need to sey one up as a blow-thru. Have the MAF, will hopefully have a modded intercooler withing a week or two, just gotta get the intercooler pipes and couplers and translator once I get sufficient funds.

I've heard from numerous poeple that I have met that their cars felt like a new vehicle once this is done. I'm still on the rich side on my car, so it could be a bit quicker with the right settings on a tranlator :D

Derek

That 2 sec inj setup how good is it and do we have enough air to support it. Been thinking about it what are the benefits of running 2sec injs as opposed to running regular prim and sec. Just asking the question people might want to know.(mainly me) :?

The car starts, idles, and drives fine when it's cold. You really can't tell it has a 1000 cc primary in it. I put it in just to see if it would work. So now when I do more work to the car I should'nt really ever run out of fuel. I ran 18 psi up to 6200 rpm and the a/f ratio was a stable 11.5-1 all the way up.

I'm glad to hear that a lot of people are trying this set up out and loving it. Rayman is my brother and we installed this set up on my car for a first time try and we loved it. I'm still running it on my car and I leave my 18G around 13 psi and I have plenty of power. Let me know when anybody has any numbers (hp) their cars are running.

Sorry guys no good news to post, went out this morning to warm the car up ,the car sputtered for a few minutes then would not startup again. :x I spent the better part of the day trying to diagnos the problem to no avail . Going to read the posts and see what I can come up with. I still think this is the best mod I've done (my car running or not). :D

• 2 months later...
Any of you new guys running the GM Maft read the instructions well. If your setup is default for the base and the aux,you're running super rich unless you've tuned this out with the idle,mid, and wot knob .If the aux is moved counterclockwise it makes the car run so rich it won't start .5TH page of the manual second line read it will make tuning alot easier.I found out the hard way,since I run 2 sec I set it with the help of exgmguy.HEAR THIS no two will be set the same I run a similar setup to Rayman's brother and exgmguy, but all of setting are different .Just thought I'd share with some of you new GM Maft guys.

Hey what's up! The list of items that you will need is in Rayman 4449's topic in this forum. He has listed all the parts and part numbers. I think Josh Red TSI has done so as well. You might want to do some digging and you'll find everything you will need as well as part numbers.

:shock: You'll will love this upgrade :shock: This a very good upgrade for the guys who want to stay tb and not spend $$$$ on a MPI setup. Rayman is my brother and we installed this setup on our cars a long time ago and still running it with no problems. 8)