302 swap finished

TSI_law

Clutch release, what did you do?

I'm using a mc leod slip-on style hyd. t.o. bearing. Stock clutch master and -an 4 line. I can get the part numbers if you need.

Sid

Do you have any pictures of the TO setup prior to being assembled? I'm going to use a T-5 but on a different engine. I would love to see if it bolts to the T-5 bearing retainer.

I'm tempted to do what you did with the radiaotr and move it in front of the support, I dont really want to use hood pins, so I may try to weave the support inbetween the radiator and intercooler.

Great looking swap, looks nice and clean. Nice car too!

Can I get specs on that radiator, like dimensions. I'm wanting to us the 26.5x19x3 griffin is that the same one?

• Like 1

Do you have any pictures of the TO setup prior to being assembled? I'm going to use a T-5 but on a different engine. I would love to see if it bolts to the T-5 bearing retainer.

I don't have any pics of that. Go to the Mcleod web site, they make slip-on or bolt on hyd. t.o. bearings for just about any transmission.

Sid

Smog.....

I used a 26"X19"x2 3/4" (summit)

I didn't want to use hood pins either. I cut out the lower core support and made a new one. The only reason for that was for clearence.

Sid

wow, sometimes i wish i would have done a 302 instead of my v6!! those 302s have such a smaller profile than mine...

anyway it looks like you really had a fun time with those headers!! do you have any pics of underneeth the car? id love to see how different the 302 and the 3.8 line up in there.

josh

• 2 weeks later...
WHERE DID YOU GET THE ENGINE MOUNTS? OR DID YOU HAVE TO FAB YOUR OWN? DID YOU HAVE ANY CLEARANCE ISSUES WITH THE STEERING BOX? IT LOOKS LIKE A TIGHT FIT. IM PLANNING ON PUTTING A 4.6L SUPERCHARGED COBRA MOTOR IM MY SILVER STARION. RIGHT NOW ITS IN MY LINCOLN MARK 8, BUT ITS ACTUALLY SLOWER THAN AN ACTUAL MUSTANG COBRA BECAUSE THE LINCON WEIGHTS ALMOST 1000 LBS MORE!!! MY STARION WEIGHTS 2000 LBS LESS THEN MY MARK 8 SO IT SHOULD BE A LOT FASTER WITH THE IMPROVED POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.

The motor mounts are HPM 3/4" drop mounts made for a 351w in a fox body mustang. I made my own headers so clearence wasn't an issue. I wanted to do a 4.6 but it's a lot wider than a 302. Good luck!

Sid

• 5 months later...
Did the tranny line up with out any issues, did you put the drop mounts in the same place as the stock SQ mounts were , sorry never done a motor swap to this extent any way. I know an old post just hope i get lucky.

I mounted the mounts on the engine then set the engine and transmission in and positioned the engine so that the oil pan had clearence. I then marked the crossmember (same place that the stock motor mounts bolted to) and drilled two holes. there where a few small areas in the tunnel that I had to massage. As far as the transmission crossmember,

I moved the crossmember back so that the two rear holes bolted into the two holes for the auto cars. Then welded two tabs on the front side of the

so that I could bolt the crossmember to the front two exsisting holes..

Sid