Tokico's feel perfect, but look taller.

Dzone

Ok so I have front Tokicos inserts and feel perfect

In order to make them fit we had to cut 1/4 of an inch at the bottom of the shock inserts (gold piece)

One was cut too much so we placed 2 washers on top to balance them. The other was cut right.

Is this normal.... ???

Also now they sit tall, about 2.5inchs wheel gap

Higher then the back.

Is this common?

I could imagine new struts are a tad taller if your old struts where blown or pretty worn. Especially if you replaced the springs to. The suspension will settle some drive time. The difference of the gap/front riding higher is common. Your the 1st I've ever heard to actually cut the strut insert. :D .

Oh! Now you got me worried

The original inserts were a bit shorter.

The Tokico blues had a gold color cadnium ring at the bottom,

That would not allow the insert nut to screw all the way down

"The threded piece that holds the insert inn"

Did I not need to cut them?

Let me know?

no, you did need to cut them, i did the same thing, except i had a machinist cut them the same. :)

I took them in without exact measurments and they ended up being both too short, so i put a washer or two in both of my front housings.

then you fill it with 5w-20 motor oil for heat dissipation (hope ya did that) then the cap goes right on and everything is fine.

as long as the shocks are sealed right, your car should sit decent, unless you bought Suspension techniques lowering springs. then you're screwed, they make the back almost too low and the front WAY too high for a good looking ride height.

I recommend slip on coil overs. my springs are great, the car handles amazing, and it sits however the hell high or low I want it.

• 1 month later...
as long as the shocks are sealed right, your car should sit decent, unless you bought Suspension techniques lowering springs. then you're screwed, they make the back almost too low and the front WAY too high for a good looking ride height.

I recommend slip on coil overs. my springs are great, the car handles amazing, and it sits however the hell high or low I want it.

DITTO. ST springs SUCK!!! okay they handle nice but my camber is bad even with the plates at the end of their travel. Looks like I'm a taxi service for three huge women the way that rear drags.

Coil-overs should be finished installing this AM. About time I saved up for Tokicos back there.

-Matt

There are different length strut bodies depending on years. I remember I had the same problem when I did mine and had to send them back and the ones they sent me were correct. It has nothing to do with springs. And if your rear is too low then you need to lower the fronts.. MORE!!