SR20DET

Minagera

I know i am going to get harped on about this, but a friend of mine is building an sr20de (t), and they motor is a pretty stout design. It has a girdle for and it is a DOHC engine run off a chain. There are just as much aftermarket parts for it as the 4G63.

What do you guys think of silvia sr20det, silvia trans, with custom driveshaft to conquest rear?

If you look, the engine and transmission should like up about right for the tunnel and shifter.

http://www.a-oktw.com.tw/new%20pics/NEW%20INVENTORY%20A/NISSAN%20UP%20DATE/NISSAN%20SILVIA%20S15%20ENGINE%20PACKAGE%20ECU%20MT%20WIRING%20A%20(2).jpg

Sorry for the size

Just for that reason, to swap something in that would need much modification and would put out a good amount of power.

For about 3k you could have motor transmission and components needed, not to mention your own stand alone through AEM or the like.

I think it would be a good swap, and god giving luck to me and a good shell close by, you might see that from me.

Good luck if you decide to go this route.

Would be a easier swap than mine, and definately a good one. The only thing you might have to deal with is shelding the master cylinder, and I dont know if the sttering box with interfere with the turbo on that.

Would be a easier swap than mine, and definately a good one. The only thing you might have to deal with is shelding the master cylinder, and I dont know if the sttering box with interfere with the turbo on that.

With that Engine and Trans combo, I would try getting the rack and pinion from a 180sx, or 240sx, and see if I could get it to work. It would defiently be a costly swap, but I don't think the body modification would be that great amount like the 1jz...

I am doing more research on it, and trying to find if it has been done before.

technically you dont have to do anything but pound the firewall out for a 1jz swap, I just figured I would go the extra distance and balance the engine over the crossmember a bit better.

SR should be an easy swap though.

technically you dont have to do anything but pound the firewall out for a 1jz swap, I just figured I would go the extra distance and balance the engine over the crossmember a bit better.

SR should be an easy swap though.

I don't think it should be any harder than a 4G swap. Maybe the fab work on the trans, but still.

Of course if I try for the 180sx (240sx) rack and pinion, which probably won't work without swapping all the suspension, it will take longer.

4g swaps are just plain easy, this would be a bit more work since you would have to fab some engine mounts.

Do forget the exhaust is on the wrong side of the engine, but yea the mounts I don't think will be too bad. Just make an adapter plate from the block to the stock starquest mounts. There should be enough room. The exhaust it was is going to get me. Probably toast my brake booster.

We shall see!!

• 8 months later...

Just for your viewing pleasures it has been done before...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Starquest86/Cars/srswap.jpg

Not to mention it looks like it fits in there quite well...

Garrett

Just for your viewing pleasures it has been done before...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Starquest86/Cars/srswap.jpg

Not to mention it looks like it fits in there quite well...

Garrett

Ya, but that's a right hand drive car in your picture.

• 2 months later...
well let me start by saying hello to everybody cuz I am new here. Ok the reson I am here is because My brother got him self a conquest and we need an engine for it. he actualy own this car before and hesold it to a friend about 2yrs ago. his friend took the engine out and let my bro get back the body for free. So here is my question I told him that it would be nice to put the sr20 engine in the car so I would like to know if anybody has done it on here? That way they could help us out by giving of some advise on how to do it. thank you.

No one has done it stateside. Check with www.austarion.com

I'd go with Mitsubishi 4g swap since it is all compatable with the rest of the car. The 4g is as close to bolt in as you'll get. SR20 is going to take a lot of wiring work to get it running. I'd also be worried about the weight of a starquest as compared to a 240. Quest weighs in at a hefty 3k lbs.

Kane

No one has done it stateside. Check with www.austarion.com

I'd go with Mitsubishi 4g swap since it is all compatable with the rest of the car. The 4g is as close to bolt in as you'll get. SR20 is going to take a lot of wiring work to get it running. I'd also be worried about the weight of a starquest as compared to a 240. Quest weighs in at a hefty 3k lbs.

Kane

hey thanks for answering me. I figure it would be hard put I just wanted to know if anybody had done it. I got a question the 4g engine is it the one that comes in the eclipse.

All your answers for a 4G swap can be answered here:

www.projectzerog.com

And to answer your question, yes, eclipse came with a 4g63.

No it will not bolt up to the stock starquest tranny.

See above link for details on the 4G series of motors and what ones will fit.

Kane

All your answers for a 4G swap can be answered here:

www.projectzerog.com

And to answer your question, yes, eclipse came with a 4g63.

No it will not bolt up to the stock starquest tranny.

See above link for details on the 4G series of motors and what ones will fit.

Kane

thanks for answering my question but im confuse about something. Like I said before I am not a dsm guy I specialize in hondas. I have heard lots a very bad comments regarding that engine. I am always hearing about how it is always blowing up and that it brakes down all the time. Is this true or is it false or those it have any truth towards it at all.

• 1 month later...
well it depends if you have AWD or FWD. If you have a sixbolt motor or a 95 sevenbolt or anyting later than 95 (still seven bolt). AWD brake more than FWD b/c if you dont have a stout trans (Shepard racing) and you launch it at 5000 the transfercase or tranny is goin somewhere. But in your case your not going to be drivin a talon your goin RWD Conquest. I have a friend thats building a 700hp AWD and another thats building a FWD (I live a couple minuttes from Buscher racing so here its dsm central) Ive seen 2 6 bolts blow up. the first one had an oil leak nad spun a bearing. the other well, My friend was moving so we put his motor from top to bottom together in about an hour lol thier was about 5 bolts holdin the head on, no head gasget, no valve cover bolts, no oil. he had to move it b/c he got evicted from his house and he had to go just a couple doors down. I never seen a 7 bolt blow up, i have a friend that has 300hp+ front wheeler on stock motor 140k (dynogo.com). another (girl) that has 425 front wheeler, has 90k stock bottom end but i think hers is goin to blow up this summer for sure. Due to not done correctly. From my xperince w/ these motors if you have any car pushing alot of HP its not going to last as long as a slightley modded one.