MPI intake - Aussie style

Thought this might inspire you foreigners to do something similar. This is an intake I made that is based on a TR magna. Uses internal bellmouths and a Chev LS1 throttle body. Also note the 'short' 4" intake pipe - yes that is the intercooler you can just see.

No it isn't a Starion bay, but a '76 Mitsi Lancer (similar to Dodge Colt).

http://www.sigma-galant.com/modules/gallery/albums/album66/intake.jpg

You would be left with a semi-short , large diameter runner, perfect for grafting on a plenum and havign a good high perf intake. the hard parts of making a MIP from scratch are getting the stat housing made, weldign the runners on in a clean mannor (transition and correct angle) and fabricating injector bosses/rail, the runners/plenum are pretty easy realitivly speaking.

I've thought about offering a hacked TR, but never realy persued the idea because the Magna is ultimatly cheaper (though less HP potential).

the hard parts of making a MIP from scratch are getting the stat housing made, weldign the runners on in a clean mannor (transition and correct angle) and fabricating injector bosses/rail, the runners/plenum are pretty easy realitivly speaking.

Agree 100%. You will note that I have no room for a mech water pump, hence need for electric pump, thus I don't need to worry about the thermostat housing.

The TR inlet has the larger diameter runners that lend themselves well to being shortened. They also come with the nicer extruded ally fuel rail.

Nice engine dampner. Looks liek a solid tie rod end. How do you like it? Mind showing a how to?

No how to. It's only a couple of rod-ends with a couple of dodgy brackets.

I need it due to tight clearances in the engine bay, but surprisingly doesn't add too much to NVH. Though bear in mind it is a stripped out loud & rough vehicle anyway.