CARBON FIBER HOOD/AIR DAM/HEADER PANEL **GP INTEREST ONLY**

desert_starion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in for a airdam and header panel. Someone should look into a CF hatch with plexiglass or Lexan.....

Now your talking weight reduction! Its funny you should say that because I was going thru gutting my green car last night and started looking over the hatch to see how hard it would be to replace with plexiglass and not have it look like complete a**. This is for my track car so weight reduction would be signifigant.

Yes, the hatch is surely heavy...I like to take one step at a time and perfect everything once at a time...the hatch is not too hard to replace by Plexi, but the right size and thinkness Plexi is needed in order for the hatch to retain its ridgidity, perhaps with CF laminates!

hey man. If you can get it done I can sell you the brand new airdam I was going to use for my cf airdam gb. In los angeles cf is scarce and prices are crazy. I really wanted to do the airdam for everyone but most companies wouldnt do it or if they would the price was outrageous. pm me or email me

Awesome! I am down for:

1. 83 hood (with smooth transition scoop)

2. header panel

3. airdam

4. headlight covers

Wish list:

1. front quarters

2. sail panel vents

3. grille

4. side marker housings

5. headlight surrounds

6. panel at base of windshield

7. hatch

8. spoiler

Thanks for financing the first pieces! Vision and dedication,--a rare comination indeed!

i'm interested, and if its gonna take 2 months or near there to have the project finish, sounds good it will give me enough time to save some extra money, but still i have a questions whats header panel, sorry for my question i just done know, its the plastic black grill where the windshield wipers seats, oh man i just don't know whats the header panel, can anyone show me or post a picture of the header panel.

oh yes whats the benefits with Cowl Hoods, any benefits it might look nice, or gives better improvement to the car, or its just all looks, i just don't know, the only thing that i know it comes may be 1" inch high 2" or 3" up to 6" inches higher for the cowl hoods, well actually cowl hoods i guess is more for american muscle cars, like mustangs, camaros, firebirds, corvettes, you name it, and that will be the last thing i do for my starion look like mustang, mustang are cool but i love starion and i just don't know what benefits it gives you having a cowl hood, dont see it at all, i guess its just looks and i'm sure its not better against the 83 style hood scoop, everyone has different taste.

Using an 83 starion style CF hood, standing right there looking right in front of me, i said thats a good design, it makes the engine to get some more extra cool air at high speed specially when its running hot, and so far i know that our babes has the biggest enemy is the Heat, so with the 83 style hood man sounds good and its made of CF even better, its like watching wonderwoman with mini g-string, thats hot 83 CF hood, i'm interested.

Wonder woman

Edit: inappropriate image removed

http://www.starquestclub.com/ryddler/yugo.jpg

let us know for few pictures when its done. man i will pass the words to my others friends that has starion and conquest, they will love this good news, thanks. and keep us in touch with any good or bad news, we will love to see few pictures in the future. good job man.

wow amazing to see this all happen when i dont have a starquest anymore :cry: anyways nice to see that it will exist when i find another....a one piece bumper cover and airdam would look nice...get rid of all those creases in the front end and did i see a CF non pop up conversion mentioned??? hope all this works out im looking foward to the end results, it would be nice to get as many parts molded to CF as possible...CF dash board would look nice too....anyways good luck with all that and get as much done as possible, this would be a big step for our small community and big help to the conservation of our rare cars

so you say the cowl hood gives better deal with better air exit and keeps the engine cool better than the 83 hood, so that sounds good, but for the Cowl CF hood, what size will be available, 1/2" inch high, 1", 2" , 3" or 6"hood. i would like to know what type of size will be available for the CF cowl hood, it will be 3" higher, or 1"inch tall, what size is availbable. thanks. i will try to find out some more info for the cowl hood.

Id be down for a whoel front end conversion. But most importantly, the damn doors. O YA! i dont liek the '83 style hood. Id like an OEM style hood. Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd buy all 3, really getting into shaving some pounds off the ol girl.

How about a carbon fiber bumper cover? The regular bumper is a flimsy piece of crap if you ask me.I plan on cutting 95% of my bumper support out so I would like to get something a bit stiffer up front.

Like they say, you build it, they will come. Some carbon fiberrear spoilers would be nice too. That spungy crap is annoying. You could also get some itnerest from the australian guys on the rear spoiler.

Please DO NOT waste your time making a CF COWL hood for the StarQuest. It's not a Mustang! Lest we forget, it may have been "Imported by Dodge", but it is not an American muscle car and it is a Mitsubishi. And if you have nothing raised up on the engine that would justify a cowl hood, that makes you a POSER. I've seen SO many guys w/ big cowl hoods on their 'Stangs, and nothing going on under it. All show and no go is stupid. Check out my Signiture. The Grand National's got a hood like it does for a reason, b/c of that big a$$ turbo sittin' on top of the motor. Now that's "functional" :!: