AU MAgna Distributor? Hall Effect?

I have been reading a lot about MPI. I am unclear about something. With SDS, I will be getting magnets to mount to the crank pulley.

I hear some people using an AU distributor for the 'Hall effect sensor' it has in it.

What is the difference? Can both ways be used with the SDS? If so, which one is easier/more accurate/more reliable?

The magna dizzy is an electronic distributor, that tells the computer what position the cam is in. It's like the crank trigger setup that SDS uses and that alot of other aftermarket EMS companies use...

SDS-4E requires there is no advance weights and the distributor is fixed.

You must use the SDS magnets so the ECU knows when to fire the injectors and the timing.

Basically so the SDS knows where the engine is at. The magnets in the crank pulley tell engine rpm and piston position.

SDS-4E requires there is no advance weights and the distributor is fixed.

You must use the SDS magnets so the ECU knows when to fire the injectors and the timing.

Basically so the SDS knows where the engine is at. The magnets in the crank pulley tell engine rpm and piston position.

The EFI Magna (there was a carb model) distributor has NO advance weights and is just a solid shaft. It has a "main trigger" and a "home position" signal.

It uses two HKZ101 hall effect devices (or the Bosch equivalent). The distributor was made by Bosch Australia.

Not sure where the SDS prefers to be triggered but all the aftermarket ECU's down here trigger off it no problem.

It gives a nice square wave output ideal if your converting to an aftermarket ECU. I will certainly be using one on my car when the MPI goes on.