Got riped off for 370 bucks HELP!

ekstatixx

man last year i got ripped off for 370 bucks from this guy jacob simms aka atti2ude/adi on here. LAST SEPTEMBER!!!!! i bought a clutch from him, sent the money pay pal, and got no clutch. i ask him once a month for some money and he gives me the same run around.

he has the nerve to be pissed at me bc his paypal acct got banned for ripping me off. what a fool.

i think he lives in virginia. does anyone know this guy. i have hiss address written down somewhere. any one wanna stop by his house and show some muscle? lol jk

this guy is pissin me off more and more every day

yeah he settle down a little now, and im trying to even get parts from him that total up to 370 bucks, even though i dont need them, but id rather get something instead of nothing

Scotty knows him kinda I think.

I know who your talking about though. Haven't seen him on here though for awhile.

Adi was a really cool guy... I don't know why he would deliberately rip you off... I think he was going through a recent move or something, had a kid, etc... I think he will make things right it will just take time. Then again I haven't talked to him in over a year, he used to be a regular in the chat. Good luck man.

yeah i know he WAS a cool guy. he was liviung in a trailer for a while, had a kid, his wife doesnt work. he almost got divorced. i heard his whole story. but alll in all, what doe that have to do with my money?! ive had hard times too, but i still take care of my debts. he said he makes 7.50 an hour and he works 60 hrs a week. waaaaaaah wahhhhhh waaaah.

go find a new job or a second one. dont just rob nice questers like me

Chris I am sorry that you needed to vent this (again) and in the improper place, might I add.

I spoke with you a couple of days ago, several times. I explained to you then and I have in the past that it is not possble for me to repay you at this time. I have always acknowledged my debt to you.

Harrassment is not a way to get your money any faster. All of the IM's, the nick changes (glock21foryou), and the threats of "flew down to you house and got my money.", asking people to "kick him in the balls", "and trying to send people to my house as a collection means is just plain ol harrassment and uncalled for.

You have told me more than once to get my priorities straight and I have...and I think most people would agree... my family comes first.

I asked you from the start to be patient and I understand that you feel that you have, but what is the old saying.... you cant get blood from a turnip.

I will repay you the money when it is possible. I can send you whats in my change jar now (cause that is all the money I have to spare) but it will probably cost more in shipping than is in there.

I dont know what more you expect me to do.

Just stop with the harrassment and I will pay you what I can when I can.

and btw I appreciate the comments from 87cquest, seems someone is a little more level headed than others....

I understand where ekstatixx is coming from. For god sakes man, it's been almost a year.... That is plenty of time to get the money together to pay him whatever you owe.... I'm sorry, whether you have a family or not, you're main priority is to handle the business issue at hand.... You failed to come through amd he is upset. He may be out of line with the harassment and threats, but it doesn't seem like you are making any attempts to pay him back. Even if it has to be $20 a week you should still be sending him something. I agree with you on the threats and harassment, but you must understand where he is coming from, patience only lasts so long. I'm not trying to get into this at all, just voicing my opinion on the matter...

Just a thought...

you should have never taken his money and spent it without sending the clutch. you could have avoided the whole situation. you may regret it now, but you basically decided that you were going to steal his money. he sent you cash and you spent it with no plan to pay him back. you still have no plan to pay him back. it sounds like you haven't even begun to pay him back. at $1 a day, you would have paid him off at this point. if you can't save an extra $1 a day, you need to make a change in your life - budget, job, something. sorry, but that's the truth.

Okay, no threats or suggestions of threats.

but you basically decided that you were going to steal his money.

No one can say this either. We don't know what exactly happened to say he deliberately stole the money. He could have had the clutch in the move, and lost it, etc.. we just don't know, so let's not get too high on our horse with accusations. He obviously regrets what happened, and wants to repay it. That being the case, let's try to be more civilized with our requests. He may need some time to get bill collectors off his back first, etc...

ekstatixx: send me your address, and I'll pay $100 of it right now. No need for Jacob to pay me back. I will be wiping $100 off of his bill to you. I can only send an MO.

i'm going to have to disagree with you. maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but imo, this is stealing. if he didn't have the part, he shouldn't have spent the money. i'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he made a poor decision, and isn't trying to rectify the situation in a material way. good luck to both parties.

and tim_c, you're a better man than i.

sorry i had to vent. please dont come on these boards jacob. not to be mean, but i dont think you are welcome here anymore. keep the money just leave starquest club for good....

its sad to say, but i would rather lose the 370 dollars, than have shady dealers on the boards. i am going to ask the mods to please ban you, and please stay away until you are mature enough to no steal from people.

this is a close nit group of people who like to help each other

i'm going to have to disagree with you. maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but imo, this is stealing. if he didn't have the part, he shouldn't have spent the money. i'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he made a poor decision, and isn't trying to rectify the situation in a material way. good luck to both parties.

and tim_c, you're a better man than i.

I agree it was a bad decision made somewhere along the line. Jacob has contributed to the site on and off for 5 or so years that I know of, and we keep in touch from time to time. His posts were always colorful and helpful to other members.

Just trying to help. I'm not rich by any means, but we hate to see someone getting trashed continuously over a few bucks.

No more trash talking. Let's keep it to the deal details with more posts only if something changes.

thanks tim, but i am going to make one post asking for jacob simms to be banned from the boards, so he cant rip anyone else off, or maybe i should just leave. the reason i like these boards was because i trusted, and enjoyed the help people gave each other.

i hate to be so hasty, but i only want to see others not get ripped off. i no longer want MY money from him. i just want to never see him again!

if that means i sell my quest and all my parts, then so be it. i always kinda wanted to get into dsm's

Posted: May 11, 2005, 7:03 pm Post subject: Aditude,A2itude scam artist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have never really noticed this section. but, even though it was almost a year ago this guy ripped me off for a new clutch. gave me the runaround, i talked to his wife. and she gave me a sob story about not seeing him in a month kids to feed, and would send me my stuff. i got sick of my clutchless car, and bought a different clutch. now i still dont have my 300 + dollars, and never heard from this guy again. dont deal with him. and if you know him kick him in the balls for me. thanks

chris

1. Then you said it was in September. 10 months have gone by now, and no further reports of anyone getting ripped off by Jacob. I find your concerns unwarranted.

2. You "never noticed" this section? Not the site's fault, and you could've used any forum to later be moved if needed, on such an important matter. If you have issues with a sale, the other clubmembers need alerted swiftly. Your so called concern for other clubmembers now, does not ring true since you have already disregarded it when it really mattered. When we stick to the details in a cordial manner, we can post a bad sale to alert others, just in case foul play is later determined. That shows a true concern for other members. When someone fails to come through on a sale, chances are very good they are doing it to someone else at the same time, so a swift, friendly alert is of paramount importance to the club.

3. You've also made physical threats to Jacob. Jokingly or not, any such direct threat or statement that can be considered a direct threat of bodily harm, must be taken seriously, and dealt with a much higher priority than any dollar amount loss, or deal gone bad. When we choose to run our mouth instead of sticking to the details of the transaction, we force the issue to be turned away from what it was, and make ourselves the bigger problem to be dealt with. I will personally suspend anyone who threatens or suggests someone be threatened on this site, if I want to, as can any mod. We can also be lenient to you, and see through your anger, and allow you to continue posting. What should we do with you? Record your posts for the police?

4. You refered to money as the issue several times, so I even tried to help you recoupe some of your losses. Still not good enough.

I admire your good intention of being patient with Jacob. Let's all carry that patience onward to higher level of maturity, and not worry about leaving the site, threatening anyone, or suspending or banning, etc... at this point.

Jacob still owes you the money. I request you take it as he can pay you, and I will ask him to continue paying. Agreed that money is not the concern, but allowing him to repay you will provide the better avenue for a peaceful closure on both sides.

THIS IS WHY I AM UPSET:

i cant beleive people would stick up for a guy who has ripped people off, and owes people over 10,000 dollars.

he ripped me off. i dont need anyone elses money but his.

this is a threat??????????

"i think he lives in virginia. does anyone know this guy. i have hiss address written down somewhere. any one wanna stop by his house and show some muscle? lol jk "

you dont see lol jk????

also when i talked to him on aim i said something along the line of "usually i would have came to your house and got my money"

he responded with " you better be strapped then"

is that a threat? i have the exact quote saved on my other computer

SO I AM THE BAD GUY EH?

you know what tim??? i dont care anymore report me to the police please. they will laugh at you

chris gehrke

3630 s 77th st

milwaukee, wi 53220

give the police my info for saying " show some muscle". that doesnt say anything about bodily harm

im getting banned for being ripped off. thats great

also i told jacob simms to give me 10 bucks a month if he could. and he said he cant. i have done everything i possibly could to be nice to everyone, but now this is getting ridiculous

no one reads these feedback forums, so no one will know hes a scam artist. most newbies cant even figure out the search option

also, who told jacob about this post, or did he just decide to come on scq for the 1st time in 10 months for no reason? thanks for sticking up for the right guy!!

owes people over 10,000 dollars

Over $10,000? :? Not on this site or any other that I'm aware of? Help us verify that if it has to do with StarQuests.

he ripped me off. i dont need anyone elses money but his

Then please allow him to pay when he can, and quit crying about the money if you can't let anyone help him repay you.

this is a threat?? you dont see lol jk??

Yes, but joke or not, it must be taken seriously considering the nature of the matter. You cannot jokingly threaten people. The "if you know him kick him in the balls for me", also hits pretty hard as a physical threat. If something were to happen to Jacob, the police will not be laughing, but will be coming to talk to you. No joking matter here.

im getting banned for being ripped off

No one is getting banned so far. Certainly not from being ripped off. Read my words again.

i have done everything i possibly could to be nice to everyone

I acknowledged your patience to this point with Jacob. However, being nice does not mean that is the correct course of action. Being nice is the function of an enabler who makes things worse for everyone including themselves by choosing to be that way. So far, some of your posts have not been very nice either.

also when i talked to him on aim i said something along the line of "usually i would have came to your house and got my money"

he responded with " you better be strapped then" is that a threat?

You threatened to forcibly take your money with a strong message to cause bodily harm in the process if needed. Most states will allow a man to defend himself with a gun in his own household.

Anyway, that did not take place on this site, so there is not anything we can enforce about that. I do however take your word, and consider the info too. Even though it makes you look worse than him.

no one reads these feedback forums, so no one will know hes a scam artist. most newbies cant even figure out the search option

also, who told jacob about this post, or did he just decide to come on scq for the 1st time in 10 months for no reason? thanks for sticking up for the right guy!!

I agree, but it is the best way to give people an idea on who they are taking more or less of a risk with. It surely was not me who alerted Jacob.

This is to send the bigger message to clubmembers that there are better venues in place on this site, to deal with these things, than the way you chose to do it. Use them. Read the Forum guidelines, and post acordingly.

Do not threaten, insinuate threats, joke about threats, suggest threats, etc... Human life demands the highest priority over whatever the original discussion was about.

I sympathize with your frustration, but please remain calm, and in control without pointing any more fingers anywhere. Again, stick to the facts, follow the guidelines.

Locking this thread to give you time to calm down, and please do not start another one.