ST spring swap

So i have had The ST springs on my car for a good year, they suck!

to saggy in the rear, to perky in the front.

what happens if i swap them front to back, and vice versa?

id almost rather be higher and stifer in the rear, or i can chop a coil to lvl it out.

or i can just buy coilovers and save myself alot of time.

so think it will benifit swaping the springs from the front, to the rear, and vice versa???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good Question :D

You cloud swap the springs,it's posible.

I think the rear springs have less rate than the front. The front also weights more and probaly compress the spring more and you would have less travel.Travel is good.The slight saging in the rear is good for weight distrabution. Mine don't sag much and handle well. If it's not your daily and you don't mind the work you can try it. Don't cut the springs though thats bad vodoo,they will sag and you will bottom out and effect the geometry of the suspension/steering. I have cut coils and heated springs on other cars at one time and they don't last long,not worth it unless it's junk. Although if it was as simple as swapping springs STs would came that way already.

peace

im lazy, ever heard of spring rubber?

a friend said that speedway.com or somthing has it.

guess its a rubber strip or like a weater striping, but heavy duty, anyways is like 1/2" thick and you put it around the coils. so you get some squish, and less sag. i hate sag.

you could cut about 1 coil and most likely wouldnt hurt the spring, you have to remember to keep it as could as possible though, or use a cutoff wheel. i did it on a VW and it never affecter the ride, i actually forgot i did it...

also the spring rubber your talking about is for lifting trucks, ita hard peice of half inch rubber or so with a curved reses(sp) wouldnt do that if i were you, great for extra ground clearence, I personally wouldnt trust it for cornering.

if youve got the money, buy the coilovers though. (ground control)

I too now have the ST springs. I AGREE!! Handles great with the poly susp. bushing kit, but man, the rear sags, while the front is okay.

What other options are there for springs. I don't want coilovers. Too expensive. STs are listed as 1" drop -->WRONG!!! good for 2-3" drop :evil:

Are any of those listed as 2 or 3" drop actually less drop??

-Matt

• 4 weeks later...

you know arts coil-overs fit insde the ST springs!!, can you say double whamy!

that would be so stiff! youd be like a pogo-stick, hmmm, hmmm

wonder what will happen, ill get back to this.