Struts and coilover combo

I know this has been asked a number of times but my suspension is beyond shot. I want to give the quest a new suspension set up and while i am at it, i might add a little fun to it.

What is the suggested Spring and strut combo? I do not want to go with coilovers because i will not be able to have the car corner weighted. so i want a locked in Spring set up. any help would be appreciated along with links to websites to purchase these items

-Rival

Most people here with coilovers do not corner weight their cars either. You can still benefit from coilovers without worrying about corner weighting. The advantage is being able to choose the exact ride height and also being able to choose spring rates.

For example........most of our cars with lowering springs sit a little lower in the rear than the front and almost every one that I've seen sits lower on the driver's side even without a driver in it. Coilovers will eliminate all of that.

Turborusty

Most people here with coilovers do not corner weight their cars either. You can still benefit from coilovers without worrying about corner weighting. The advantage is being able to choose the exact ride height and also being able to choose spring rates.

For example........most of our cars with lowering springs sit a little lower in the rear than the front and almost every one that I've seen sits lower on the driver's side even without a driver in it. Coilovers will eliminate all of that.

Turborusty

Ditto. Most cars with the ST springs look like theres two fat chicks riding in your back seat = NOT COOL. I had tokicos and eibach springs on my old 87 and it had a nearly perfect ride height. Too bad the eibachs aren't around anymore :cry:

ADAM

i think id just run with lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the rear. old school style, why not its RWD...lol

Personally, I think that look is just retarded. But if you must it's for muscle cars only.....

• 3 weeks later...

seriously tho, my STs look great up front, but why not just grab some dealer springs for the rear and be good to go? Should be pretty even front to back then right?

With this recent engine swap, I won't have much $$ to dump into coil-overs.

-Matt

I've noticed some people (like me) have problems with their GC coil-overs too, in that the fronts sit higher then expected. I have mine at the lowest setting and it sits at about stock height. One of these days I'll cut the stock spring perches off have the sleeves welded lower on the strut housing.

Yep, my fronts are about .5-1 inch lower than stock.. I was debating on doing just what you're talking about.. I was also looking into getting some other springs for them from www.bluecoilspring.com The ones i'm lookin at have a 4" standing height, instead of the 6" or 7" ones I have with Art's kit...

The handling is absolutely superb though, the weak point in my car is now the tires.. lol :wink:

IMO the only way to get the most out of your coil overs is to cut your perches and weld on a new "level" spring perch. this eliminates the knocking associated with coilovers, in my application anyways. Speaking of which I finaly got to test out these springs at this weekends autoX and they did great even on street tires. Nice and firm and predictable in the corners for the two runs I got in the car anyways before more gremlins arose but thats another story.